Sign in to follow this  
heck

SONY ex ear buds

I'm really confused reading all kinds of different opinions about the 51, 70 and the 71. can somebody please clarify some queries i have?

1. What are the prices for the 3 earfones mentioned.

2. Which is the best (relative to budget)

3. Does the 51 come with extension cord? Readsome where that there is yet some sites say that there aren't.

Thanks for your help. I'm new here. so many smilies party.gif

kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

Do a search! But anyway, I can help some

LP is 1.2M no extension. SL is 0.5M + 1.0M extension. SP is no extension 0.5M

51 has no extension.

70 is extinct from the market except for 2nd hand at about $45 or less

71 costs $70 and 51 is $52(V3 audio SLS). I have lobang $10 cheaper for both. PM me if interested.

Basically, 71 is 51's clone except with more bass and with extension

71 is a replacement model for 70. It has more mids but do bare in mind these points:

70 has no extension, thus the cord is light and won't weigh down your ears, especially when you walk and the weight bounces up and down

70's mod have been proven to work very well. Whether it works on 71 with the same effectis not known, since the "foam" mod is cut the highs, thus bring out the mids, and it has not been widely applied on 71 so no one knows if it will make too much mids.

Ah yes, if you buy from my "lobang", it is actually warehouse stock, US model, meaning its EX51LP, 1.5M no interconnect.

Wow, sony singapore removed all 3 51/70/71 from their website. I think production has stopped. Gonna be rare products soon!

70 has no extension, thus the cord is light and won't weigh down your ears, especially when you walk and the weight bounces up and down

Correction.........EX70 does come with extension cord in the LP version

The 888 is generally held to be better sounding than the 70. Don't know a thing abt the 71. The 888 is not a in earcanal type. It's a earbud though.

Guess this guy is in for some isolation and serious bass. If so, 888 just cannot do it. I think V743 AIWA will fit the bill for pop/bassy songs better. And it should sound much better than EX70/71. Even better than MX500 maybe for bassy/pop songs.

Well I have a EX70LP, and its a 1.2m cord no extension. 1 stock cord with no interconnects. Anyway it seems the guy is interested in EX71 already.

hmmm theses headfones dont give me isolation. are there any other earphones that provide isolation?

thanks

EX70 but using superglue (I used industrial Loctite) on all 3 holes on each side of the bud will give superb isolation. Soundstage got better, adding depth and height to the overall sonic image. Bass less boomy as well.

Obviously Oak meant the holes on the earbuds not your ears! LOL!

Sorry I couldn't resist!