Sign in to follow this  
N3w_Typ3

Need advice for my D-777 service

should i go ahead for the repair  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

oh ya n3w.. if u post in head-fi i think it can recover at least what you paid for it, if not more wink.gif

I voted yes, but yes only to a certain extent (sorry today just took history paper, now stuck with that extent thing)

Forget about the eye candies (cosmetic stuff : top/bottom cover). Just get your laser replaced. Working = good. Eye candy = good, but if eye candy = pay $$$, eye candy = bad!

ya today reach home late cannot make it in time to call the sony tec to cancel repair .... but tomorrow is the deadline for my decision .. will think about it is sad with the money, i can get a better player or cans if i want ... so i keep the discman for it vintage value .... that my plans .... haiz .... hope to get a better D-777 ..... next time .... blame myself for .... being too greedy ... at such low price .... no.gifno.gif

Thanks everyone !!! laugh.gif

new: sell lah...

then u can recoup your money what. u keep so many vintage for wad? not that u can play cds with it wad.

concentrate your funds on your home setupla wink.gif

new: sell lah...

then u can recoup your money what. u keep so many vintage for wad? not that u can play cds with it wad.

concentrate your funds on your home setupla wink.gif

Sell that the only one i had ... i wonder who will buy in the first place if i sell ... well of cos my home setup is important ( eyeing on the paganini player lol.gif )

well see about it .. after tomorrow let hear what the sony tec had to said about .. it sainz Think of it i really feel like killing myself ... !!! hammer.gif

THankS !! laugh.gif

can!

u go sell head-fi still can get back what you paid for!

u wanna go collect antiques izzit

have so many not working discman

Well you sound so confident ... of selling it ... help me sell if you can ...

ya i have called sony to cancel the service ... even the tec said that i should just sell it or keep it ... cos for that money i can buy a hi-end stuff or so ... sad .... haiz got to go down commonwealth .. collect and pay $11 dollars ... THANKS GUYS !!!! kicking.gif i have made a correct decision ... wub.gif

Brothers and sisters ... if possible You all have D-777 for sale ... pm me thanks ... ( i not too sure should i put in the Classifieds )

Thanks

N3w_Typ3 laugh.gif

Edited by N3w_Typ3

I notice in your profile you have a D-EJ925. I have the same one, so here's a suggestion, why not trade your D777 on head-fi for a small portable amp + mini to mini cable? The 925's line out amped will yield very good results as I recall in the mini meet I had with Mat. The major differences with the 777 & 925 is mainly in the headphone out. There is less differences in the line out. Noticeably the D777 is slightly more musical & warmer sounding. Had we not compared between the two, the 925 to me sounded very good amped. I'm still impressed by it's ability to retrieve a good amount of detail from a well recorded CD. Case in point the Buena Vista Social Club & David Sylvian - Camphor CDs.

hey N@Z thanks wub.gif

I have read your preview ... on the 2 discman .. well it a great preview ... after all that why i send in my 925 for a len replacement ... hee hee even it have been costly ...

hmm i wanted to but how i am not very good with trade ... hmm need some one who often do trading to help me in this way ....

THAnks ! wub.giflaugh.gif

You're welcome.

That's interesting to know. How much did the lens replacement cost (parts & labour)?

O.o the lens is about $55+ .... and the labour is ... $40 ... ( no choice ... i dunno how to change or else i dont borther the sony tec to change for me and of cos 4%GST charge !!! no.gif

Thanks ! wub.giflaugh.gif