tech_oasis

Testing headphones before purchase

Hmm i always test my cans before buying from hung bros. JUST REMEMBER TO STAY AWAY FROM THAT MOUSTACHE GUY.

sleep.gif

Yup, that's the guy with moustache that say no testing on earphone.... dry.gif

But I don't know what is his name.....

Back to the topic, anybody try out before ATH-CM5? tongue.gif

was going to but decided against it after seeing the specs, rated 20 - 24,000 hz , it also looks big for an earphone

bought the ATH-FC7 instead, cheaper with 10 - 25,000hz, bass is good, very forward, good for outdoor use, a little dark at first but sounds better now after about 6 hrs of use headphone.gif

the ATH-CM5 look very "long" not sure if that is going to be easy to wear unsure.gif

Yep, they even went to the trouble of taking out & setting up their Cary 300SEi (integrated tube amp) for me to test out with the RS-1 & compare with the RA-1. They warmed it up for an hour or so while I popped over to Funan next door. thumbup1.gif

headphonecrazy: Where did you get it from? Reason I'm asking is concerning the local voltage issue (240v?).

headphonecrazy: Where did you get it from? Reason I'm asking is concerning the local voltage issue (240v?).

Ordered directly from MAD - Dr Peppard himself. The good Dr is actually a very nice guy and he included a NOS Westinghouse 5751 for my package.biggrin.gif

Hmm i always test my cans before buying from hung bros.  JUST REMEMBER TO STAY AWAY FROM THAT MOUSTACHE GUY.

sleep.gif

Yup, that's the guy with moustache that say no testing on earphone.... dry.gif

But I don't know what is his name.....

Back to the topic, anybody try out before ATH-CM5? tongue.gif

I bought the CM5 two weeks ago, nice sounding phone, better than E888 IMHO. headphone.gif

I think they won't let you test the CM5 because the package is very hard to open and repack, so unless you are very familliar with them, no chance for a walk in fresh custermer. no.gif