elmo

Sony Cans

the first pic's quite funny. compare the relatively teeeeny Eggos to the humongous CD3000s happy.gif

wah... the ear cushion... looks too comfy to be true.. wub.gif

yeah its like pillows! laugh.gif

you can't see from the pics, but the leather's some cool really soft material. softer than the leather on the W1000, its very VERY nice party.gif

Holy Moly! That's big! Queen's Fat bottomed girls song spring into mind! They also look like 70's styled closed headphones too! Hmm, beginning to wonder now, maybe I should just skip getting cheap closed headphones & go straight to the CD3K's but that size man! Ablaze, have you ever tried using them lying down in bed?

I do half my listening lying in my bed happy.gif

they "work" in bed..but they tend to push the headphones forward ie. to the front of the face a lil..but you can forget about rolling your head to the left or right though tongue.gif

Thanks for the instant response. I must admit, this will be on the top of my list for must audition headphones.

Nice pics too BTW.

I find that beyer dt250-80 works quite well in bed..

the other headphones that I've tried.. is just not right..

they will push the headphone forward .

I think ety is the best though.. but pls dun try to sleep on your side.. hehahaha... can't imagine the thing going deeper sad2.gif

That's an art to sleeping on your side with the ety's on wink.gif

hahaha.. yeah.. personally nothing beats speaker for this purpose IMO

Don't let the size of the CD3000 fool you.....

I too was thinking it is far too huge....but the first time I slipped it on...so light!!!

Next thing is, ...it is so comfortable...maybe the leather...

Ablaze...

Sorry, I cannot say "Yes"....because the sound is not as "forward" as I like it to be....

Will write something soon....

I have tried Den Den Town in Osaka....it's OUT OF STOCK everywhere. Den Den Town is a like a Sim Lim Square but it's not in one building...it's a 1km street with shops on both sides! In the middle, there is this SONY DEALER (like our V3 in SLS) where they got most of the SONY headphones on demo, you will find the CD2000 there. I asked about the CD3000 and told them I want it....but the Saleman did some checks, made some phone calls and returned to tell me NO stock.

Desperate, I took the Subway to Umeda....this is the hub of most of Osaka train and subway(Keihan, JP, Osaka station)..and there is this GIANT underground mall. Above it, there is this Yodobashi Camera which is a tall building with almost 7 floors of electronics stuff.

Go to 3rd level...and you'll see a section DEDICATED to HEADPHONES...you name it they got it..(except for the CD3000; one crazy oriental gentleman who begged like hell to buy it)..Senhennsier, AT W1000...EVERYTHING plus plenty of headphone amps!!!

The CD3000 was priced at 37,500 yens...with tax, it was $39,XXX...my Visa bill told me I paid under $600 for it.

(Audio)

wow... that was very informative!!

Thanks audio.

When I visit japan(if I ever do), will make sure I check the yodobashi camera laugh.gif

wow. Audio, thats a damn good price. congrats. can't wait to hear your full impressions of the cans.. happy.gif