elmo

Sony Cans

To all in forum

Where can I find Sony CD-2000/3000 in Singapore? They look terrific, and based on Sony site in US, it retail at US$349 and US$699 respectively.

Thanks.

Are you sure it cost US$699 for the CD3000, that's as expensive as the Sony R-10. I thought ablaze got it at a much cheaper price. I remembered he mentioned that the CD3K is slightly cheaper than the W1000, which cost less than S$700.

US$699 is MSRP ie. manufacturer's price. street prices in US are less..I think around the $369-$400 mark (USD)

Japanese street prices are a bit lower than that. about USD$300+

not sure about the lesser brother, the CD2000 tongue.gif

By the way, ablaze got someone in Japan to buy the CD3K and send it over, right ablaze?

thats correct. nice people all around the world party.gif

yea... that's very sad...

singapore has only until the v6 and v700dj ...sucks

if only they have the cd3000... hm

Akyoh.....

You think get CD3000 so easy ah, in Singapore....

beg beg beg people to sell....all no hue you!!

Took me 2 whole months...and a trip to Osaka...beg beg beg again (NO STOCK..ALL SOLD OUT!!!)

So desperate...only managed to beg the guy at Yodashida at Umeda to sell me his DISPLAY MODEL!!!

Some more, took me 2 days, 3 hours total of waiting to make my purchase due to the "Singapore-Visa-card,-no-information-from-local-bank" issue!!!

Now owning the display set CD3000......

no time to test and write review as promised to Ablaze.....

(Audio).

no prob Audio. wow, didn't realise so hard to get. actually, elmo, you don't mind pay a bit more, just go audiocubes and get..$389+shipping (USD)

actually Audio, no need to write a "review" lah. just wanna know if you LIKE or DON'T LIKE my recommendation (say yes)

Akyoh.....

You think get CD3000 so easy ah, in Singapore....

beg beg beg people to sell....all no hue you!!

Took me 2 whole months...and a trip to Osaka...beg beg beg again (NO STOCK..ALL SOLD OUT!!!)

So desperate...only managed to beg the guy at Yodashida at Umeda to sell me his DISPLAY MODEL!!!

Some more, took me 2 days, 3 hours total of waiting to make my purchase due to the "Singapore-Visa-card,-no-information-from-local-bank" issue!!!

Now owning the display set CD3000......

no time to test and write review as promised to Ablaze.....

(Audio).

hi Audio,

Care to share where I can look for the CD3K or AT W1000 in Japan, I am visiting Osaka, Nagoya and Tokyo next week. Thanks.

A simple review would be nice though since these cans are causing such a stir in Head-fi. I'm quite curious too. Especially reading about their 'super' soundstage.

for me, one "big" thing I'm thankful for is how damn comfortable these headphones are. no in-your-ear itch like Etys, no ON-your-ear feel like the Grados, and no "clamp" like almost all the rest of the cans..blissfully comfortable are the CD3Ks yes.gif

I'm actually quite surprised to hear that these headphones are very comfortable. I assume full sized headphones to be so but they look HUGE & HEAVY. How big are they compared with the Senn HD600?

I think almost twice as big. yeah they're huge! but they're surprisingly light, and the leather on the pads really soft..i think in the specs its said to be 'collagen-like' and very non-clampy. so in the end, despite how they look.. happy.gif