jtfoo

Recommend a headphone

Hi,

Currently I own a Grado SR125. Couldn't get used to the brightness of the headphone. I've about $400 to spare for a new headphone, what do you guys recommend for a headphone that's different from the Grado SR125.

The headamps I'll be using it for are the Meta42 and the Apheared47, both still under construction. I listen mainly to old rock musics from the 70's and 80's and also alittle bit of blues.

Thanks

Nice and really cheap ones are the Philips HP890/ 910's. Otherwise, you could try some Beyer's.

Edited by Firefox

how about the new Beyer 880s?

After reading some reviews from head-fi, I'm pretty interested in them Dt880 too. But saw Hung Bros listed them at $498. Are Hung Bros friendly to bargains? I never bought anything from them yet, so wouldn't know.

Saw at Meier than it's onlt USD$235, inclusive of shipping, which works out to be around $411.

BTW whereabout can I hear the AKG? I have the K501 in mind too.

think you could probably try and bargain them down to the low $400s..

anyway, Meier is having some sale on the 880s I think, why don't you give them a shot? wink.gif

think you could probably try and bargain them down to the low $400s..

anyway, Meier is having some sale on the 880s I think, why don't you give them a shot? wink.gif

Thanks, I'll write to meier and see if any discount from the listed price..

I heard that most importers of Europe based products will see a rise in price due to the extremely strong Euro $. It is now 1.91 against S$! Ouch! rolleyes.gif From my experience, it does not make economical sense to buy from overseas considering the fees, exchange rate loss, for such a small value product. You can call Beyer local distributor - Peak Fusion Pte Ltd - for an enquiry of availability and price. This guys deal mainly with the professional community with the well acclaimed DT -100, 150, 48 - but they are ok to talk to. Bargain is a no-no, as you know, distributor sticks to their retail prices.

I make a call to Peak Fuson this afternoon... very helpful and get most what i needed to know .... but hearing is believing! I'm arranging check the cans tomorrow myelf..........

Great, make sure you bring along some of your fav CDs & your current headphones to make comparison. Post your impressions here for us too. smile.gif

If they had a demo set at the shop/distributor I'm sure they would've taken care to burn them in so they sound as sweet as possible happy.gif

I took the leap of faith and ordered the DT880 from Jan. Didn't even audition it, base purely on head-fi review. Didn't I just made the the same mistake of buying a used GradoSR125 and it didn't suit me? wacko.gif : Some guys never learn...

Edited by jtfoo