ablaze

N@Z, look what I got for you

I'm a "bright" kind of person ie. I actually LIKE that kind of sound, and don't find it fatigue-ing or "bright" in a bad way. others, like ting, may hear "brightness" in a negative way of course..so..make your own deductions. wink.gif

Yeh, I don't like "bright" sound, two way to explain this;)

On good side, I'm still very young and my ear still too sensitive to high frequency blush.gif

On bad side, I'm too old to stand the energy inside the music and begin to prefer mellow sound smoke.gif hohoho

So you have to DIY tongue.gif BTW, where can audit the D66?

And I think the most important quality of a gear is the ability to make you move, the rhythm and pace counts. party.gif

Wow,

You saved $2.

Just found out that the Eggos cost 8800 yen. Figure out the price in SG and I think the Eggos that I bought were well worth it, until I get a better one :-)

Ok, thanks to Gouki & Ablaze, I got my eggo at $93.6. But I bought it at the basement shop instead. I guess all these shops might be linked coz the price quite standardise.

I only had about an 1/2 hr to compare with my grado125 and Beyer DT880, with only one song, 'I wanna be sedated' by the Ramones.

Initial impression is the sound fills around your head. Very opposite from the grado, which the sound is either left, right or centre. I like a little bit of brigthness and forwarding sound, so this piece of rock music really rocks on the eggo. The bass is better than the grado, you can hear it's rumble. But it's is not in the league with the DT880, where I can follow the bass line closely. On the Eggo, I can hear the bass line, but kind of hard to follow. On the grado, where got bass line to follow? Myabe it's the harshness of th grado, that I only wanted to take it off asap, that's why didn't notice the bass line.

I felt at this price, the eggo is really worth the money. Now my preference of my headphones would be DT880, while alternating with the Eggo on certain music.

congrats jt! didn't bargain more? happy.gif

not very fair to compare to the DT880s. maybe the SR125. but agree with you, at this price, its very good!

jtfoo,

Were you the one that mentioned building a Mini Morgan Jones tube amp? How's your progress? I'm interested as well but not experienced with high voltage operations.

jtfoo,

Were you the one that mentioned building a Mini Morgan Jones tube amp? How's your progress? I'm interested as well but not experienced with high voltage operations.

Not me, I've no experience with buliding a tube amp either. In fact I thought you're the one who'll be doing the Morgan Jones tube amp.