ablaze

N@Z, look what I got for you

hmmm.....ablaze.....do you find the Eggos bright as quoted by ting??

IMHO.......I find the W100s bright when compared to the W1000.......

Just want to check it out before I bite......

which is better? sony d66 or the senn px200?

I might get a portable headphone to accompany my ksc-35 soon..

anyone who owns both can comment?

ting?

I don't have chance to listen to D66, but from what I read, I think px200 is more suit me. beer.gif

dark side??? blink.gif

I thought dark side is about lp playback......which I already am in party.gif

What do you use for LP playback?

gryphon: IYO.. which is better.. w100 or w1000? is the $200 increase in price justifiable?

guyferd, the W1000 is only based on a brief listen......in the head-fi forum, they were recommending the EMP for the W100s....maybe I have not fully exploited the full potential of a W100......to me the W100s has a magical midrange...but I sold it to a certain extent that the high frequency is a little hot......listener fatique (thats what I called)

The brief listen at hung bros tells me this would probably be a better cans....I can sacrifice the magical midrange for the much better balance high frequency which is extended but not tiring......maybe a EMP with some Mullard tubes can supplement that smile.gif

The above are all based on my humble opinion...read at your own risk.....

BTW....the difference is only about $140 hahah.......dont quote me ok.....

dry.gif I will quote u ... hehehe... tongue.gif

jk jk jk...

gryphon:

I listened to the eggos for only a few min. before that I was listening to my CD3Ks. out of the EMP, they sounded very much like they had the samish Sony "house" sound ie. solid bass, crispy, tinkly highs. the main difference that struck me was that it was less "full" compared to my CD3Ks. (probably due to the drivers, 40mm vs 50mm) to me, I love the Sony's sound. to others, its bright, and "thin"..in comparison, the eggos definitely sounded "thinner" than the CD3Ks. but overall, I really liked the sound from the brief listen. I'm a "bright" kind of person ie. I actually LIKE that kind of sound, and don't find it fatigue-ing or "bright" in a bad way. others, like ting, may hear "brightness" in a negative way of course..so..make your own deductions. wink.gif

hm... i see...

it's quite hard.. coz I don't really like bright sounding cans..

but then again I have not auditioned the sony's

and I don't think they will allow auditioning for thd d66..

so it's kind of gamble