Sign in to follow this  
headphonecrazy

New "House Headamp" designed & marketed

A year or 2? Maybe.

Since we are still young (and my age tongue.gif ), take some time for someone to develop and being liked by fellow forumers...

That's interesting, what would the SGH signature house sound be? Will it be portable, transportable or home based. Will it be solid state, tubed or hybrid? Will it be able to power low and or high impedance phones? Drive AKG K1000. You've got your work cut out for you guys!

Jason I think you have made your mark already. cool.gif You will stamp your authority once we get to hear your PPAs.

I already built an almost complete custom designed opamp based amp. Hehe.. Except that I've only had the intention for 3 such amps (including mine) to ever be built. So too bad guys....

Scroogie! mad.gif At least let us listen to it during the meet.

Yeah... Should be finished by the meet.. Doing the paintwork right now.. Gonna need a few parts to complete the last 5% of tweaking. *grinz* But the amp's functional.

Lets just say the end-result is an amp where the opamps get hot enough to require heatsinks. =)

Edited by Firefox

Got a name for it? So I can put it up on the Equipment list thread. Like, "Firefox's-custom-hot-running-opamped-requiring-heatsinked-painted-casework-headphone-amp"

Ok, give us the code name then. Scroogie's amp! LOL!

It's codename was the BB amp. Due to the initials of a few parts like the Black Beauty pot. & the Burr Brown opamps.

Of course, it's my amp... So it can also be called Big Ben's amp. hehehe... But the amp's gotta have a proper name yah..

I was thinking of HPA-22. =)

Cool! BB aka 'Big Ben' it is then!