Aye75

Sennheiser sponge replacement

I own a sennheiser hd 565....

And the problem is the sponge thing ... Not sure what to call it

the ones covering the inside of the speakers so you would not expose it... has torn apart...

Anyone know where I can find a replacemet ???

By the way I'm in malaysia...and I tried to find one here but didnt manage to...I even contacted the local distributor.... Maybe someone here can help me find one ..and mail it to me

I'm willing to pay ...If someone is willing to help...maybe we could discuss it further

Coz I really love these cans wink.gif

Thanks wink.gif

Edited by Aye75

These are the Ovations right? Used to own a pair of them.

Try these links:

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_e...artner_malaysia - distributors.

http://sennheis.4ecommerce.com/mivastore/m...egory_Code=H38- actual replacement earpads for HD565 from Sennheiser USA.

Thanks ... anyway is the earpads replacement the same as the sponge...

Coz the earpads cushion doesnt have a problem ...only the thin sponge inside...or do they come together ??

I was wondering is it possible to open the cushions ?? I'm afraid it would ruin the cans

I already tried to contact the local distro which is tegas and they sisnt have it... ;(

have you thought of just DIYing something to stick on the inside of the earpad, so it still covers the drivers eg. cut up some stocking maybe? all cans are open-able (except maybe earbuds) if not how they fix? be careful though. wink.gif

Sorry my bad (always wanted to say that!). I mistook it for the earpads.

Ablaze's suggestion is similar to the mods they make to the HD600. The stock covering is removed & replaced with ladies stocking. You can try a search for the description of the mod on Head-Fi.

If I replace it with a different material ... wouldnt this affect sound quality ??

Which is the best material you guys suggest to use ??

I did a search at headwize but could find any mods like you mentioned....

I did try to open it up but couldnt succeed ... any tips...or pics how to open it up???

Thanks

Well, if you are happy with the stock sound, why don't you just bring it to the Senn Dealers in Malaysia (addresses as posted in the first link) & have them do it for you if you are worried about damaging them.

I tried a quick search in Head-Fi:

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....0+removing+foam

Thanks... I searched for sponge insted wink.gif

Should have tried foam wink.gif

Anyway I did contct the senn dealers here...tegas automation namely ... but they didnt seem much help after a couple of mails I sent them ...

Sp I was tired of waiting and decided to do it myself if I could fing the proper materials wink.gif

Thanks a lot for you help

Hi just finish modding my senns ... took me just about an hour....

Tested several materials...such as thick sponges...thin sponges ... and lastly I settled down with some thin women stockings ... they sounded nicer wink.gif

Thanks wink.gif

Edited by Aye75

Good for you. So how did the stock sound compare with the Stock'ing' sound? wink.gif

Well I guess I didnt really remember much since...it was quite some time since I used it without any sponge...

I guess about 2 month or so...untill I found this forum .... So lucky for me wink.gif

But I did test it with some thick sponge and well from my opinion it sounded a bit deep ... I mean I guess with thick sponge you loose some details but it sounded a bit wider and the singer seem to like move back a bit further..maybe I'm not to good in expressing it in words wink.gif

But on certain songs I did like it with the thick sponges...coz sometimes certain high pitch really bother my ears ;(

The desnsity of the material will affect the high frequency. Thickness would reduce the chamber size and should affect low frequency. So a thick foam is a no-no. You should get loss in highs and lows. You may preceive more low bass but that's bec of the loss of highs.

Try some piano recordings to adjust the sound. Since you robbed some poor woman of her stockings try double layer stockings or triple layer - remove any garter belt first. LOL