Sign in to follow this  
blackice

headphones for digital piano

hi, im just starting out on the piano, gettin a digital piano the yamaha P120S. i want to play silently without disturbing neighbours and will be getting a pair of headphones for this purpose.

i have no ideas as to what to get. btu im quite sure i dont want to spend much more than $100.

luthermusic where im gonna get my piano from sells the AKG K44 for $65. is this good?

from the posts here, the Philips 890 also seems to fit into my budget.

any other recommendations?

very important is the reproduction of highs and lows without sounding too muddy. sorry if im not making sense, im totally new to headphones and i dunno much abt terminology.

thanks smile.gif

if I am not wrong the AKG K44 is those used in borders and hmv(??) ?

Hm they're decent.

I think you can try the sennheiser px200(abt 90 dollars) or even hd200(not sure how much), both of which are available from hung bros, sls.

Oh yes, I think you can try the beyerdynamic dt231 also. Closed back type, and within your budget.

I would strongly recomend the AKG K66. Semi-open they have a highly accurate, detailed and un-colourd sound that works very well with piano. One of the best at the price I think. They should be nicely in your range. Over here they are £25 which is $74 SGD

Edited by Tenson

Besides Tenson I think only Gryphon & one other member here uses headphones for listening to instruments hence why there is a lack of replies. But as a pair of new headphones for music it is very good value for money.

Never hear before. smile.gif

If your budget increase to $500, I believe there would be more post...

hah $500?? mad? Lol....no way. i dont believe in spending so much on headphones. biggrin.gif

Somebody don't believe that too, until we "convert" them...

I'll be free tomorrow, you can come over to test the less than $100 range and the more than $400 range.

I am at Clementi.... cool.gif