Sign in to follow this  
matbon0013

Close Encounters of the first kind

Mackie, I heard the LP12 following in S'pore is very healthy. What are ones chances of acquiring a 2nd hand Ittok LVII tonearm?

I'm keeping my eye on this one at this very moment.

It the Roksan hooked up & running?

Mackie, I heard the LP12 following in S'pore is very healthy. What are ones chances of acquiring a 2nd hand Ittok LVII tonearm?

I'm keeping my eye on this one at this very moment.

They do come by once a while but like the Gyrodec recently, they tend to appear in a series and then disappeared altogether.

N@z, The Roksan will be decomissioned and maybe scrapped for parts, the motor conked out last week. Power supply seem to be in working order. This is turning to be more difficult than I thought. To get the LP12 going is the priority now.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to listening to it on your Naim pre/power + Epos speaker combo it sounded very good with the Naim CD1. We should organise a mini meet with some of my records when it's running.

Sure thing N@z, and I also have some good news for you too. Not to let the cat out of the bag I'll let you know by Monday if all goes well.

My study/listening room is semi operational as of today and the "Project Vinyl' is up and running and gathering momentum rapidly I might add. Finally got some serious listening going after two weeks or so on the portables. The LP12 would be a tedious job to get running though, but I have high hopes of it performing well beyond my expectations. Watch this space!

I better start dusting off my old LPs then wink.gif

Alright...! Should I dig out my LPs for this Saturday?