Sign in to follow this  
augustineRS

anyone tried to access headsave.com now?

Has the site been revamped recently? His amps offers pretty good prices. The accessories section is a great addition.

This is his best version yet, loads a whole lot faster and the diy section is just begging to those who wanna try building it themselves.

Yup it looks good but the Tempo is out of the line up?

OT abit here:

I need an amp with portability as i'm in campus from like 9-5, lugging my stuff around.

Of course,when weekend comes,i get home, i like to enjoy my cdp too.

should i get a Mint and an another wallwart amp?

or get tropilcalrips to make a portable amp(perhaps a CHA47/CMOY or even a pimeta with boards from Tangent and save up for a better home based(wall wart) amp?

alternatively, should i aim for transportable rather than portable, which could act as a hybrid of both(portable and home-based).

With limited funds(damned the textbooks/references, they are so expensive!),

say bout $200-250 ish for starter, which is a betta option?

A portable amp need not sound bad imo!

A pimeta would do just fine! I think a pimeta is a step up from the meta42/mint and is the way to go if u want to use it for your cdp as well. Just add in the RCA plug input option as well.

Sadly this is where the Tempo would have suited your needs. Alternatively you could ask Norm to build you a hybrid Elite with both wallwart & battery power. You'll have to stretch your budget a little though. Unless you can convince Norm to build you the Tempo again.

A portable amp need not sound bad imo!

A pimeta would do just fine! I think a pimeta is a step up from the meta42/mint and is the way to go if u want to use it for your cdp as well. Just add in the RCA plug input option as well.

I don't understand the adding of RCA Plugs.

Do u mean to have both RCA and 1/8'' in/out jack too?

i can do with a RCA to mini right?

Just emailed him for choices.

See if he had any 'spare' Tempo that i can pick up cheap. tongue.gif

nope, it runs off a wallwart(too small to hold batteries inside), but you can easily rig up an external battery pack for it I'm sure.

Edited by av98m

happy.gif i was wondering how he fit the mint-meta , volume pot & batt into that Hammond case

i hav the same case & its totally pack when the 9v goes in, no way to fit the volume pot

The Panasonic EVJ 50k pot's internal dimensions he uses is similar to the mini Alps 10k log pot you posted elsewhere.

NOrm replied.

He offered me the Elite SP in either RCA or mini 2 mini config....

Should have gone for the Tempo when it was around.

Keep looking around for best deal and all gone now....

So much for Team El Cheapo!

I think a mint meta is just fine for your needs, and you can hook it up to a cdplayer with a rca to mini cable(abt $1.50 in SLT). You don't necessarily need to get a Tempo. However...if you're dead-set on getting one, pm me^_^

This is going to sound arrogant, but a sudden windfall is going to broaden my horizons biggrin.gif .

Will give me more option now

But you Tempo is definately on my list happy.gif

I'd certainly recommend the Tempo. It should be the closest spec to my portable translucent blue META42 amp & this on my portable rig gives me plenty of sonic pleasure considering it's modest outlay compared with my main rig.