Sign in to follow this  
papaya86

modding ksc 35

Seriously, I think its better to get used to the sound for a month or two before modding so you can enjoy the difference. There is a pad mod, which you cut a hole in the middle and then place some stockings so as to prevent dust from falling in. I think blues has it

yeah... you need to familiarise yourself first before going on to the mod.

The modded pair has more transparency, less bloated bass and better/cleaner midrange IMO.

Basically you just cut a 50 cent hole in the middle of the pad, then put the stocking underneath it.

Another option is to get a spare set of earpads. The ones for the KSC50/55 looks exactly the same & you could try cutting the hole on those instead so you can compare them back to back.

eh ting I notice the one that I bought from u is much thinner.. which is that?

sounds way better than the original. perhaps that's the secret behind the mod w00t.gifw00t.gif ?

ya thanks to ting wub.gif and blues wub.gif !! now the koss ksc 35 is with me happy.giflaugh.gif !! anyway !! if anyone are able to modded the 20 cent or 50 cent???? .... pad modded please pm me ... i need to replace my one as it is ... going to wear off ( going to get few !!! ) in case !!!wahaha ... thanks !! it really sound great !! make wonders into my ear !! hah !@! wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifhappy.gif

hur hur hur.... glad that u like it..

personally still like it alot! but what to do.. seldom use already wink.gif

listen too long with the cans the ears really ache alot sia.. thats one point koss din put in much effort on the bloody quality and comfort of the clip

I tried that too last time before I modded the ear pads. Making a 20cent hole makes a very noticeable difference & balances out the sound slightly. All you have to do is remove the earpads, place it on a hard surface (tile or cutting board), place a 20 cent coin over the area where you want to cut the hole, press down really hard on the coin so that it squashes the pad & it doesn't move when you cut around the coin using a sharp edged cutting knife. Make sure you don't liftup the knife in order for you to get a smooth clean cut.