Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Beyerdynamic DT150 headphones

sound like you are getting soon !!!!! wub.gifwub.gif

i dont know tongue.gif

and i think i can only keep either dt 880 or 150. cant afford to have both.

if a "seasoned" dt 150 can really wow me, then most probably i will sell off the 880 and buy it

i had a brief audition with the dt 150 at hung brothers today.

it's better than my dt 880 and somemore it's a new set.

it was powered by a Creek OBH-21SE(cant really remember the model number)

the bass is good...no brightness or harshness consider it's a new set

very different from my dt 880 when it's new tongue.gif

i cant say for now if i like the sound or not because i only had a very brief audition.

the price they qoute me was S$424 but i was given a "special price" which i was quite surprised. hmmm... maybe they jacked up the price tag of S$424. all i can say it's that their "special price" is abit higher than Mackie's.

Did you try it out with your CMOY amp?

Mackie's price is significantly cheaper than Hung Bros I can assure you. Cheaper than the DT880 too.

i had a brief audition with the dt 150 at hung brothers today.

it's better than my dt 880 and somemore it's a new set.

it was powered by a Creek OBH-21SE(cant really remember the model number)

the bass is good...no brightness or harshness consider it's a new set

very different from my dt 880 when it's new tongue.gif

i cant say for now if i like the sound or not because i only had a very brief audition.

the price they qoute me was S$424 but i was given a "special price" which i was quite surprised. hmmm... maybe they jacked up the price tag of S$424. all i can say it's that their "special price" is abit higher than Mackie's.

Sipher, I can't say straight to your face that DT150 is better than DT880 for they are very different in terms of sound. I've discovered 150 offers kicks and energy when I'm up and going whilest 880 provides the refinement and elegance when I'm in a laid-back kinda mood. Different cans for different time and season? YMMV

Lastly, RRP of 150 is S$424.

Sunny day today, even though there's a little breeze & the fan is on there's a very light bit of perspiration forming around my ears where the DT150 sits but it's still not so hot on the ears. Warm at worst. Looking good for interested parties concerned about it.

maybe sipher will be interested to grab it! w00t.gif

So am I right to say that the dt150 is not really your type of sound? unsure.gif

I wouldn't say that Blues. It's wonderful for rock music. Linkin Park's - Meteora sounded kickin just now. I listened to it 3 times in a row, hence my 1st feeble attmept on the guess-the-song thread!

One good thing about it as well is if you have CDs which lack bass oomph. It's no longer a problem. It has detail aplently without exaggerating anything (besides the bass which does not interfere with the rest of the range). I'm definitely growing to like it even more after the additional 100hrs I've put into the total so far. It's on slower music which is still 70/30 in favour for me & not the lanslide as I initially expected.

Maybe that is also the reason why mackie still prefers his 880 over dt150 when he wants refinement? unsure.gif

great to hear u like it wink.gif

mackie, maybe the pair that i heard was a new one so the difference is not so different sounding?

N@Z, no i didnt try it with my cmoy and yes the bass doesnt seem to affect the rest of the range

Maybe that is also the reason why mackie still prefers his 880 over dt150 when he wants refinement?  unsure.gif

great to hear u like it  wink.gif

Hey Blues, I know U're off to the airport now and will not get to see this until much later. Bon voyage! biggrin.gif

As yet, I stick to my initial comment that DT150 is superior over DT880 as monitors to pick up every single nuance of the system and music. However, they share the same accolade in musicality for they sound so different from each other. It's not a comparison between apples and apples, IMHO.

Edited by Mackie

mackie, maybe the pair that i heard was a new one so the difference is not so different sounding?

Perhaps Sipher yes.gif but if U can't tell the difference between the sound of a run-in pair of 150 and 880, I suggest U stick to your existing pair and not waste your hard earned money. I presume your 880 is still relatively young and has room to grow yet......barely 3 months old right? Some surprises still lie undiscovered.

Edited by Mackie

When your budget allows, I would suggest a 2nd pair of cans to compliment the 880 for your music. Most members here and beyond own more than 1 pair of cans because of this reason.

Edited by Mackie

Hi guys I reach home safely w00t.gif

I heard new likes the dt150

perhaps he would like to post his brief impression? w00t.gif