Sign in to follow this  
Scriberex

IC: Ordering from Todd the Vinyl Junkie

Hi,

I'm thinking of ordering the new Shures E3C from Todd the Vinyl Junkie http://www.toddthevinyljunkie.com/ , one of the Head-fi sponsors, who confirmed that he will be stocking the Shures E3C (the new E1 replacement) by end Dec or early Jan. He stated that he will offer his current 10% discount off the Shures' retail price of US$179 if I contact him to order (dunno when the offer expires though, presumably soon tongue.gif ). See below.

If anyone wants to place an order for the Shures E3C or any other products from Todd, and interested in sharing shipping costs to Singapore, please drop me a PM.

Todd is now offering a 10% off all headphones, turntables and cartriges, and has a 30 day return policy.

Cheers!

Scriberex

(organiser of ill-fated powerbuys tongue.gif )

HI Scriberex,

The E3c will be shipping out at the end of this month or early January. I have them on order and will post more info on them soon. You can call me and place an order and I will give you 10% off of the headphone, so yes, the discount will apply. it looks like they will be $179 before the discount. that is the word I received on pricing from Shure.

Shure has made a new ear tip for the E3c that will work with the E5c that is a very nice, comfortable tip. I think it improves the sound as well! These will also be available and shipping at the same time as the E3c. I highly recommend them to anyone who has Shure headphones.

Todd

Can you ask whether Todd himself has compared it with the ER-4?

I would be interested, but not until more impressions/reviews are posted on Head-fi. wink.gif

I assume it's ok to post more discussions here since it not really a FS thread...

Unless I find/hear an earcanal phone that betters the ER4S significantly in terms of sound quality & isolation at the same price point, it will be unlikely that they will leave my stable! (But stranger things have happened!) I really really enjoy these with my PCDP+META amp etys.gif

Etys + META + PDCP = portable bliss

etys.gif

I was just mentioning to someone the other day that the Etys are the very best $400+ that I've ever spent on this hobby.

I'd love to find some way to audition some shures myself.

Edited by av98m

I think it's quite hard to beat the etys N@z wink.gif

We can rejoice w00t.gif

The only one that can so-called 'beat' it is.. the shure e5?

but it costs significatly more and many of the review said it doesn't really trounce the etys. Maybe we shall wait for Etymotics to come up with the er-4 second generation w00t.gif

Edited by Blues

Update: We've got 2 interested parties for Grado flat pads, 1 interested party for Ety tips/filters and Grado adapter, and a most likely order for an E3C (pending reviews), anyone else interested?

Lastest call... by this weekend...

PS: Calling all Ety, Grado and Shure users, in the interest of aural hygiene, replace your foamies and pads for the New Year! etys.gifhp1.gif

Edited by Scriberex

I get almost all my headphone stuff from Todd. He's a very good seller and my experience with his international shipping is nothing short of spectacular.

Yes, Todd offers fab service and is prompt with email replies despite the time difference. He shipped on Tuesday, and it arrived exactly after one week.