ablaze

I'm done

Yup esp when you consider that most NOS tubes have lables that literally fall off when you touch them. But not all are like this. The Mullard military series had pretty good inking - KQDD.

yeah well..I'll check again when they're here. got 30day warranty so its ok smile.gif

barradio: total cost's about S$60 a pop. probably just a lil cheaper than locally, least its a matched pair! yes.gif

Check the tubes for the real amperex, make sure they have 4 or 2 ridges from the top of the nipple and also the shield have 2 rasied rectangular edges. yes.gif

thanks for the tip! yes.gif will do that. also, there's supposed to be some numbers printed at the bottom of the tube, between all the pins, right?

Hope you 're not interested in DIY, or you'll got sth else to do for every stuff you bought - modding AMPs, sources, or even headphones and DACs wub.gif

I'm glad you feel "perfect" with you revolution, since I will receive mine two weeks later. However, to be frankly, I not unsatisfied with "it" based on some reviews and comprisons : I am planning to change to Echo MIA or WT2496 even before I get my Revo mad.gif

but anyway, I am playing in a much cheaper way than you, and it's safe for me biggrin.gif The man in Hung brothers once asked me: why do you always buy cheap cans? why not some expensive ones? I said blush.gif

Headphones are only a part of the journey. Wait till you've got more money and you will start thinking about speaker setups.

For me I'll probably stay with headphones for few more years and will switch to speakers later on. The journey is only starting...

voxel: I think you should listen to it first before you decide man. of course if you want pure sound quality, RME DIgi96, DAL Carddeluxe, or the Lynx cards - best yes.gif skip the Echo Mia or 2496, I don't think those two will best the Revo

zen, you got your Revo from AVIO-tech already? I hunted high and low for the card all over the place..and finally when the day my hunted-down card from Ebay arrives, the damn local distributor gets their stock too dry.gif

ya he called me earlier today and I'll collect it on thurs. but most probably won't get to use much of it until I get a new comp to replace my antique one.

RME DIgi96, DAL Carddeluxe, or the Lynx cards - best yes.gif

and finally when the day my hunted-down card from Ebay arrives, the damn local distributor gets their stock too dry.gif

Thank u ablaze, it's great to have a pro card user here tongue.gif There was a Gina24 ($189) on eBay yesterday, and Carddeluxe has also appeared from time to time...

local distributor for Revo? where to find those shops? I have checked SLS and Funan last weekend very carefully, but nothing obtained mad.gif

thanks zen!

I saw u in the list for the new revision 3.0 Revo tongue.gif Mine is on the way from US (bought by a friend), and don't know the revision No. yet.

Ablaze: I have a different take on the hifi journey. I always find the relentless search of sonic perfection (in my own context) to be rather stressful. I've just completed this journey with my speakers setup after 6 months of upgrading, analysis and tweaking. What a relief! Now I can sit down to enjoy the music and spend whatever extra dough I have on cds instead.

I do not have high standards of requirement from cans setup and I'm pretty "done" too. Nothing too fancy compared with some of the members here. blush.gif

Edited by Mackie

voxel: go for the Carddeluxe! reviewed in stereophile wink.gif

mackie: good point. now I should upgrade my..CD collection! laugh.gif (and don't talk about "fancy" setups man. I'm using $100 computer speakers tongue.gif)