ablaze

I'm done

I've gone thru so much stuff now since I got hooked months ago. AT-100Ti, Ety 4S, AT-W1000, CD3Ks, HD600s/cardas, meta42s, X-cans, and now the EMP, sources I've changed countless times, from lowly $20 soundcards to expensive $700 ones..blah blah. and NOW, I've finally gotten every component thats "perfect" for me. Revolution->EMP->CD3000s. now, short of some NOS tubes arriving next week, there's really nothing else I could get. and now I'm sitting here thinking..ahhh..this is nice. but..its kinda boring now with nowhere else to go. rolleyes.gif guess this's why they say the journey's more exciting than the final destination. rolleyes.gif

what about you guys..are you "done" or if not, where are you "going" with headphone.gif ?

now I'm not saying what I have is the best out there. but taking into account all factors like my finances, the best blend of sound-quality-and-convenience and so on, I've reached where I can realistically hope to be. of course..there're other stuff like the RKV, R10s, and so on..but who'm I kidding right? happy.gif

Good Afternoon Ablaze laugh.gif ,

Final destination? I thought it's just the beginning? Since u got all the necessary eqpt done, it should now be the time to listen to u CDs, LPs or whatever source to "rediscover" them or buy new source to enjoy. The journey has just started...my -2 cents. happy.gif

I'm done for the headphone part.. But headamp, this DIY thing is too addictive. In my plans to built are the Corda HA-1 and maybe the Morgan Jones, which incidently a near clone of your EMP.

charismatic: yeah I know. listening to music is fun..but its not..well..exciting tongue.gif

jtfoo: really? a clone? how's the progress so far? smile.gif

Done? Hahahaha, my wife never believe me when I said I was done except the first time I told her. laugh.gif

Don't you ever want to try some electrastatic like stax 4040, some K1000? You also need a good set for portable use, for office use, for .... use .... biggrin.gif

At least for now, you can start to experience different cables, power conditioners to fine tune your system.

For me, I need to upgrade my cd player next time I got some excuse wink.gif

charismatic: yeah I know. listening to music is fun..but its not..well..exciting tongue.gif

jtfoo: really? a clone? how's the progress so far? smile.gif

Progress biggrin.gif , still in the process of plucking up the courage to work with high voltage of the tube.. I'll reading and surfing to get my understanding first and going thru my insurance..

Look at this project from headwise, which indicate a near EMP clone, not exact though. http://headwize2.powerpill.org/projects/sh...e=cmoy5_prj.htm

Done?! Yeah right! There's always a new soundcard coming round the corner ablaze. Even if you think you're done. Your journey has not ended yet & you know it... it never is.

hihihi.. I wouldn't be surprised to see ablaze coming back a few weeks later with a post like "My new baby" or something.. indicating his arrival of RKV and the R10 laugh.giflaugh.gif

wah, so many replies biggrin.gif

ting: yeah..guess its now down to the "little" tweaks like cables and what not

jtfoo: hehe ok. actually found that page yesterday whilst looking for an EMP pic for my avatar laugh.gif

N@Z: guess you're right..always new stuff. pity there're no new cans though rolleyes.gif

guyferd: I think my whole rig sold wouldn't afford me an R10 man..

nah..the white labelled ones are wayy too ex for me.

got these:

user posted image

30day money back guarantee from the seller. those labels worry me a lil..they look reeeaaally new don't they rolleyes.gif

Yup esp when you consider that most NOS tubes have lables that literally fall off when you touch them. But not all are like this. The Mullard military series had pretty good inking - KQDD.