hongchan

do headphone got digital input??

can't compare for now. no head amp. and i don't want to try the revo with my integrated cause the headphone amp sounds sucky. everything sounds sucky through it. i would say it sounds at least equal to a pcdp if not better. my ears are not trained to tell differences between sources yet.

i'll try the comparison maybe few weeks after I got my amp from antness. should have bought the corda HA-2 from rameish if not for the insufficent inputs on it. kind of regretted it after all the delays and inefficent communication.

anyway back to the topic, I haven't heard of headphones with digital input. if there is, it will be very bulky and expensive as a dac is needed to convert digital to analog for reproduction. i think it is a better idea to get a normal headphone. Cheaper, less bulky and should have better sound as I doubt the dac in headphones will be of better quality than normal sources. probably in the future when size and prices becomes an approachable figure?

How long till it arrives evil_zen? I'd probably consider the PreHead only for the convenience of the multiple inputs, pre amp capabilities & should the sound be noticeably better. As it is the photos of the Gilmore looks great.

well, antness said it will start shipping 8th march when i ordered. it was later delayed several times. now it should be shipping in a few days time?

i have no idea at all

FWIW, the pics of the Gilmore V2 sure look pretty smile.gif

and, back to the topic, audio-technica's got a USB headphone I think. but as mentioned, probably crappy sounding.

Wow,

I would have answerd earlier but I didn't quite understand the question. I thought are there headphones that allow digital input (ie the headphone would have needed a DAC and an amp to accompany). Obviously that was not the question so could someone elaborate it for me please.

The original question was: "Do headphone got (sic) digital input"

I think that WAS precisely what the thread starter meant. he comes from a comp forum ie. hwz, so he probably thinks some headphones might have a digital input like some of the computer speakers that accept coaxial digital inputs..

OT: Rameish, my gf's pissed off at you for finishing the Lemonade supply at anchorpoint biggrin.gif lol

Hey. I'm pissed off that she bought up the stock so there was none left. Haven't tasted lemonade for 4 days now.

beer.gif

So i'll just have to drink some whiskey.

My goodness.. How did you end up here from Sushi's forum? LOL...... Anyways, the Philips HP890 with a cable upgrade would be great value for $$$ under your budget..

Edited by Firefox