Sign in to follow this  
patt0n

any advise if there r pads in the market to get ?

Hi,

juz got the Grado Sr-60 today and still hv not sense a big improvement from the one that comes free with my MP3 player..

I try 2 connect 2 my home AV system 2 play 'em long enuff' & hope that it could improves....

btw, I find my ears get itchy & irritated after prolong listening with it, & would like to ask if there r places that sell replacements headphone pads/cusions for other models ? and if any other headphone brands hv compatible pads to use for the Sr60 which is more comfortable? even better if it is those cusion type:cans:

u might need an amp for the Grado, but i hav not tried them before. the mp3 player might not be enough for the grado, but then again the grados are ment to be driven by low power portable players...

leave them connected to any source (with music) for at least 48hrs and take a listen again

Edited by Sipher

kenshinz have the pads going in the classfied

i believe in the burning in.it does wonder to my px200 after 100hrs so i think should really give it a chance first, afterall it is Grado.

but then again, it is up to individual taste.

start at lower than normal volumes and increase gradually at every 24-hr perios, by 24hrs it should be at normal listening volume, and after that from 48-72 hrs turn it slightly, ver little above normal volume. Do note that you should reduce the volume stated if you are one who listens loudly.

start at lower than normal volumes and increase gradually at every 24-hr perios, by 24hrs it should be at normal listening volume, and after that from 48-72 hrs turn it slightly, ver little above normal volume. Do note that you should reduce the volume stated if you are one who listens loudly.

Thanks, but the burning in, must it be continuous non-stop ?

an interesting site that gives some tips on modifying ur Grados to make it more comfortable : HERE

Edited by patt0n

You don't have to, but to speed up the process, non-stop would mean you can do it in around 3 days. If you burn in 6 hours a day it would take 12 days instead, and so on so forth.

You don't have to, but to speed up the process, non-stop would mean you can do it in around 3 days. If you burn in 6 hours a day it would take 12 days instead, and so on so forth.

btw, is it better to turn the volumn higher or just moderate to let it break in ? currently I connect to my portable radio but heard the sound coming out from the headphones even when I'm not wearing... if too loud , will it spoilt the headset?

Go search for Rameish's guide to breaking in headphones on the forum. Basically he advises 24hrs just below normal listening volume, another 24hrs normal listen volume, and another 24hrs of just above normal listening volume. Of course different headphones takes different amount of time to fully break in, some lesser, some more.

BTW the SR60 is a pair of headphone that leaks quite a bit, therefore do not be alarm if you can hear the sound coming out from it even when you're not wearing it, the sound is actually coming out through the mesh on the logo side of the cup. Just don't try to use them as a pair of speakers and you wouldn't spoilt them. tongue.gif

btw, are there any other headphones pads from other brands that could be modify a little to make a circumaural pads for the Grado SR60/80 ?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by ahtiu