Sign in to follow this  
mmatrix

Speakers -> Headphones

i suggest you attend our SGH meet in a few weeks time. tons of headphones will be there and you can try to your liking. sound is very subjective and you need to try instead of reading about them. see you there!

Thanks for the invitation. Maybe I would go, maybe I would not. I just started. Haven met any of you guys, will feel abit shy one... unsure.gif

Unfortunately the meet is not a 'turn up as you like' event, if your name is not in the (pre-submitted) list you won't be able to go in as the Singapore Poly Graduates Guild is a member's only venue. We are using the venue courtesy of member Lengcm.

No need to be shy! We all have a common interest so conversations can be struck up from there. Everyone is willing to help, if they give you a hard time let us know & we'll clip them round the ears! LOL!

I didn't realise you were not in the list yet. I took the liberty of adding your name to the current list

Maybe pop and dance (techno)?

Hi MMatrix,

just curious abt u nick , what's the M stands for before Matrix? tongue.gif

Don't rule out HD600, if u r talking abt having an enjoyable cans.

It depends on u source, whether it is through hp out from u cd player, through hp amp or through hp out from u PC sound cards.

To me pop and techno sounds good from PC with the HD600. It can be a game cans oso. I m playing max payne 2 and call on duty and the sound effects/music through the HD600 is enjoyable.

my -2cts.

Hey mmatrix remember me? I'm bizkit86 who bought your 395t. It's working great. smile.gif Heh I asked about the m before the 'matrix' when we first converged too.

Mod edit:

Keep it in the Lounge guys.

Edited by N@Z

If U are willing to omit soundcard as your source, how about this setup around $800?

CD player > a used Marantz CD63SE/CD4000 or the good quality likes below $200

Head amp > Headphonecrazy's advertised HP-100A at $350

http://www.sgheadphones.com/index.php?showtopic=1702

Cans > BeyerDynamic DT150/250/770/990 (pm me for actual discounted prices)

Working on this basis, U can look forward to only upgrading the source (CD player) as the amp and cans are in good stead to withstand any high grade source equipment.

Of course, U will need to audition them and I reckon the cans and amp shall be available during the forthcoming meet.

Edited by Mackie

I didn't realise you were not in the list yet. I took the liberty of adding your name to the current list

Hi NOZ

Er...my name's not on the list leh... sad2.gif

Done, anyone else?

Thanks for pointing that out lek, these guys need glasses or summink'! tongue.gif

For the new guys that want to join in the fun & find out more about headphones. Please join us for the upcoming meet. You can be added to the list by posting in this thread

You shd be comparing the HD600 vs the DT880, which are both in the same price range and represent their top models, well except for the new HD650.