Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Apple iPod mini

Oh! I forgot to add that I just came back from long holiday trip and took alot of pictures and guess what?!

Besides entertaining me with the music (around 14hours worth) that I have in the iPod, I also managed to save around 300-400 high resolution pictures from three digital cameras and a some 30 short mpegs from a 128KB sony memory sticks via a third party linkage. Isn't that cool or what?

Thanks man. I was waiting for your comments especially! I had forgotten about ipodlounge.com. Whassup this saturday?

Briefly looked at the specs of the Nomad MuVo2 & iRiver iHP-120 does it support Mac at all? Didn't see it mentioned in the website specs.

I think I prefer the previous version's design. Anyways any idea when it'll be released locally? Would love to get it for my friend's Bday.

According to Apple Store Singapore, it will be avaliable on the webpage on april. So I presume it will be here at April.

Hey guys, my bad ... my apologies for giving wrong info blush.gif . I recalled that sometime ago I had read somewhere that doing data transfer without some additional software on the ipods were not possible.

Two more things potential buyers may want to consider is the fact that:

The new miniPod will cost US$249. That's about US$100 more than the rumor sites had posited. It will offer 4 gigabytes of capacity on its hard drive. By comparison, the entry-level iPod now costs US$299 and has 15 gigabytes of disk space. The miniPod's cost per gigabyte is US$62.50. In the entry-level iPod, it's about US$20.

The lifespan of the ipod battery about 500 charge/discharge cycles (estimated at 18 months) has also been a big area of criticism. Check out http://ipodsdirtysecret.com/ for a hoot, and http://ipodbatteryfaq.com/ for the more positive view. Apple has recently *kindly* offered users an extension of 1 year warranty for S$108, which includes battery replacement if it conks out within 2 years of purchase of ipod. But woe be you if it conks out a week after the 2 year period. tongue.gif

Too bad the entry level 15G iPod doesn't come with the dock as standard. I'd definitely jump! iPod's looking good so far for me as there is a Plethora of accessories & additional functions which will be of interest to me.

Anyone know how much the 20G iPod cost in SG?

Hitachi harddrive

Has anyone checked out the Rio Nitrus? Its supposed to be shipping with the 4GB ver later this year. Wonder how it comes up against the iPod mini. I have a 2nd gen iPod myself and it is awesome!