Sign in to follow this  
Scriberex

Xin's new amp: Super Dual?

Just a question. How to buy it? Ship? Or is there a retailer in SG getting it directly from him?

Just follow the links, the amp is only purchaseable from that site at the moment. You will need a creditcard (Paypal account preferable) for the transaction. A confirmation email will be sent to you. You will need to inform them of shipping requirements after that. Alternatively email xintechs.com directly.

so, who has received the Super Dual? Can you share the experience? is it worth to buy?

Xin Tech going out of biz?

"Xin Technologies, Inc.

Xin Technologies, Inc. (XTI) will not be accepting any new orders and is halting its commercial operations at this time. All previously processed and existing orders (as of July 7 2004) will be shipped. Technical support will be available through September 30, 2004, and can be reached via techcontact@xintechs.com

As of October 1, 2004, XTI will cease all operations."

dgps is correct if you have not placed your order prior to the said date you can no longer get a new SD.

What? Out of biz? It's so unbelieveable!!

Sigh... I was still waiting for review of Super Dual, before i decided whether to order or not. Looks like I'll have to find alternatives..

Anyway, would still like to know the review of Super Dual, anyone in SGH owns it?

There is a possibility that Dr Xin might continue developing it like the SuperMini/Micro amps so if you're really interested you can email him ( http://www.fixup.net ).

I bought a used one which is supposed to be one of the current versions. I have only done some preliminary listening to it. The amp is also not fully burned in yet (IIRC the previous owner only used it for 20 hours!) so I can't really make any informed judgements. As it is, it still sounds quite tight but there seems to be more bass extension compared with the SuperMicro. That's with bass boost off. The impedance selector works ok for use with low impedance headphones although I felt it affects the sound quality. Xin-feed is quite subtle something like the previous generation Headroom Airheads however I still prefer the application on the Porta Corda II. Can't say much else about it since I only used it twice for non-critical listening with my etys, once on my wife's PCDP & the other on my home rig.

Don't worry, that only affects the XinTechs company. Plus you can look forward to the all new SuperMono & revised SuperMini & SuperMicro.

Hi N@z,

How would you rate the Super Dual against the Porta Corda II, apart from the X-feed which you mentioned? Noticed that a few Super Duals and Supermini V6s popping up in the head-fi for sale ads.

I just bought the PocketDock by SendStation which gives me a neat Audio Line Out and firewire line out, so just need a pocket amp to pair with my ipod. Alas, my old SuperMiniV3 died-ed on me some time ago.

Cheers!

Scriberex

Based on memory only & my brief use on the SD, I personally find the PCII more agressive sounding.

If you already like the SuperMini sound then it's a good route for replacing your old Mini v3. Especially if you can get one at a good used price. The Micro alone was already more detailed than it so the SD should at least be on a par if not better than the Micro. The thing I noticed the most as I've mentioned before was the bass extension with etys (note again, bass boost 'off', with it 'on' just made it more visceral) something I thought was slightly lacking in the Micro.

Micro lacking in bass????

Foooyooo.... i recall having tight n punchy bass with the supermicro at the last meet...

... The thing I noticed the most as I've mentioned before was the bass extension with etys (note again, bass boost 'off', with it 'on' just made it more visceral) something I thought was slightly lacking in the Micro.

Read in bold...