Sign in to follow this  
Scriberex

Xin's new amp: Super Dual?

Read this here http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....&threadid=57201

Don't flame me if it turns out to be an elaborate hoax to buy a cheap supermini! laugh.gif

From Xin himself:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes the new amp is in progress, to be released in anout 3 months. It'll be a commercialized product. It is not a PPA, but has the same key idea - separated channels. It comes with rechargable battery and can be charged with its DC-in jack. It can also use non-rechargable batteries. It is smaller than the Mini, but slightly larger than the Micro. This will be the best amp ever. The mini can have AD8620 now, but the downside is you must use a 9V battery extermally. So, better to wait for the new amp. I dont recommend the ER4P switch, always not. The new amp is called "Xin Super Dual" and will be released by Xin Technologies Inc.

yeah yeah.I saw it just yesterday(or was it this morning?)

But no news in Xin's site...

It's in his Cooltalk page: http://www.fixup.net/talk/cooltalk/000001dc.htm

No updates yet as it is still a work in progress. Interesting, hope it addresses the SuperMini/Micro's slight lack of weight (compared with a META amp).

Interesting, hope it addresses the SuperMini/Micro's slight lack of weight (compared with a META amp).

I thought the point of the xin is to be lightweight? party.gif

Hehehe... sorry I thought what I wrote was obvious. Abs0 is correct, that's what I meant.

The Superdual amp is finally available! Who's going to be the first to bite?

If I'm not mistaken, it's to take into account of the built-in rechargeable 9v (energizer) battery, included charger and mini to mini cable. Although for international buyers the charger is not default due to shipping cost, the weight involved & 240v issue. Therefore you need to get your own standard charger with actual output of between 12V to 15V.

Note that the SD is not made by him individually but by his company Xintechs.

I am really tempted to get one for my portable rig, but before that, I am all ears if anyone has any impressions to share. cool.gif

I believe Xin had made many modifications to the case, circuitry and design along the way prior to the release, and that might have pushed up the price as well. For example, the amp now has both the bass boost function as well as the ER4P->S impedance switch, but the original intention was to have either depending on the customer's choice.

As with the case of popular headamps, U gotta buy direct from the manufacturer/designer.

A colleague of mine just ordered one unit and it should arrive very soon.

Can'y wait to test drive it with the E3C. tongue.gif

Barradio? biggrin.gif