Sign in to follow this  
splinter

Grado SR80 or Sony D66SL

I looking at the above headphone for my listening pleasure.

mostly listen to Norah Jones (vocal), jazz and oldies. I prefer the sound to be more on transparency.

What is the advice from fellow members?

Can't go wrong with the SR-80. I owned both & it beats the D66SL on transparency. It also sounds great with acoustic jazz. Depending what you intend to use it with it may sound bright but then again so is the D66SL.

SR80 party.gif

i'm waiting for maybe a mini-powerbuy with a few others for this headphone wink.gif

if there is going to be a power-buy for the SR80, would we still be getting it from Music by Design locally or can we go direct to Grado USA ? anyone can advise?

i counted about 5-6 sets so far, i think theres more people who would be interested in this. quite a few people hav PM me about matching my amps with their yet-to-be-purchase Grados.

there's definitely a lot of interest in the SR80 & SR60

user posted image

Edited by tropicalrips

if there is going to be a power-buy for the SR80, would we still be getting it from Music by Design locally or can we go direct to Grado USA ? anyone can advise?

i counted about 5-6 sets so far, i think theres more people who would be interested in this. quite a few people hav PM me about matching my amps with their yet-to-be-purchase Grados.

there's definitely a lot of interest in the SR80 & SR60

user posted image

If there's a mass order for the Grado SR80, do count me in. biggrin.gif

anyone else interested in this?

just a head-count , not the actual power-buy yet

need to move this to another tread biggrin.gif

I think Grado USA would be nuts to undercut their own dealer(MBD) and shoot themselves in the foot by selling you guys direct, below the local retail. And then there's the shipping costs to consider.

And yeah, my vote is for the sr80s as well. Very nice airy, exuberent sound you'll not get with the sonys

Edited by av98m

so we go local then happy.gif

is there any other dealers for Grado other then MBD ?

Not that I know of. The guys at MBD are friendly and more than happy to allow auditioning of the grados, so maybe you can call them up to arrange for everyone to audition the cans( and check if they have enough stock of the sr80s) before buying. This kind of customer service is quite rare in singapore, unfortunately.

MBD are the distributors (not just dealers) for Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. If u guys are prepered to organise (not me) a power buy I'll talk to the boss and get a better price for you. But it is only if you have confired orders with deposit collected. The price will be lower but by how much I won't know yet until I know the exact quantity. PM me when one of you can confirm how many SR-80 you intend to order. I'll get back on the price.

IMPORTANT: DO the PowerBuy in the classifieds section.

Edited by Rameish