Gouki

Sony models

Hi people,

Can somebody give me some ideas of what the CD3000 is called in Japan?

There are a number of models, but I can't find the CD3000. I do see alot of MDR xxx, a lot of pioneer DJ cans and Eggos.

I think I saw an R10 (had a brownish cover?) but didn't try it.

R10!!!!!!!! get that!!!!! buy one for me, i pay you back in installments over the next 2 years laugh.gif

Can't find it in Japan ah....

Now you know why I was so desperate to beg to buy the display model....

(Audio)

hm.. worst come to worst.. just order it from audiocube loh.. abit more expensive.. but you still get the same thing

Hi,

So far has anyone auditioned the sound of Sony R10 ? It was quoed as US$4k from online sales, how much is it here ? wink.gif

http://store3.yimg.com/I/gifts-and-gift-ba...ts_1735_7827088

Hi,

So far has anyone auditioned the sound of Sony R10 ? It was quoed as US$4k from online sales, how much is it here ? wink.gif

http://store3.yimg.com/I/gifts-and-gift-ba...ts_1735_7827088

Not available locally.. I believe that only a few pieces are churned out each year by Sony in the recent years and only to selected dealers around the world.... Otherwise, it's more or less out of production. Guess you got to know the right people (dealers) to get a new pair.

Thanks Firefox. Is CD3K the next in line after R10 under Sony ? What is its price here ? I listen to mostly acoustic jazz and vocal....not sure if it fits.......my old HD414 is wearing out.....hence looking for new cans. wink.gif

yep, its the next step down. but you can't find it here, unless me or Audio decides to sell ours biggrin.gif gotta look to friends in Japan to buy them..

Thanks ablaze. pls keep me informed when u upgrade... headphone.gif

domo arigato gozaimasu wink.gif

if there's something I know will be an UPgrade for sure for the CD3Ks, I'd be more than happy to oblige man biggrin.gif

BUT..the only thing I can think of are the R10s, and dammit, I don't have S$4000 sleep.gif

i see, thought R10 is US$4k, not sure if any secondhand set is available in local market ? Btw, if you wish to upgrade your EMP, pls let me know2. Thanks.

Meanwhile, am trying to lay my hand on a G&W's T-2A tube amp, not sure anyone has tried this product (from Qing Hua Uni, MIT of China). wink.gif

its about US$2k or so in the japanese market I think. or around there.

you really keen on my EMP ah? hehe..well, ok I'll let you know if I decide to sell it. you could tempt me by offering me a ridiculously good price for it that I can't refuse biggrin.gif (pm me)

ok, i will try next time...as i m a newbie now with no experience in this niche market, but i must admit that since the day i picked up a DT880 driven on RA-1, the amazing thrill n joy from cans listening became total eye(ear) opening for me after years of pursuit for sonic nirvana. wink.gif