Sign in to follow this  
cmk

Anyone changed leads for Beyer cans?

I'm just wondering if changing the wires for the Beyers could help to improve resolution, smoothness, to provide more of the "being there" factor.

Has anyone done this before?

Which wires do you recommend?

Some have done this for Senns, so I don't imagine this would be too difficult an exercise.

Both Firefox (DT-031) and Adhoc (DT880) have done so. Firefox returned his to stock cables - for now at least. Adhoc has the whole procedure listed in the articles section.

Hi Rameish or Adhoc

How's the effect of the cable change? Was there any audible improvement over the stock cord?

to my untrained ears it simply sounded a bit louder. happy.gif

and naturally of course comfort was increased for me as my source isnt too near my listening position (short coiled cable pulled on my head)

mackie's observations are in the 2nd meet's post-mortem thread i believe. he found that there was a subtle, but noticeable improvement. i believe he used the word 'smoother' to describe the sound.

This the same guy who "took one for the team" by changing cords and still has the battle scars to prove it! lol.gif

I had a chance to listen to the DT-880 on a gilmore v2 at the meet and i prefered the way it sounded to a hd600 on a ppa. It was lively and fast and i could feel the lower end as well but it seemed subdued. Lovely pair of headphones.

Frankly I believe Beyer cables are okay on their own. Firefoc changed back his cable to stock on his 931 so i would say maybe a silver headphone cable if you wish to hear more details form your 990. Otherwise go for mogami - or Klotz

Several models exist