Sign in to follow this  
headphonecrazy

The AT-DHA3000 digital amp is indahouse!

HPC,

If I may make a small suggestion.

1. Create a webshots account and upload your picts there, you can upload in full size at any resolution (the only constraint in webshots is number of pictures.)

http://community.webshots.com

2. resize your picts to >100k and post them here, then link each shot to the full sized picture in webshots. (you can't link pictures directly to appear here, but you can link the picture's URL)

hey presto, you got full sized and thumbnailed pictures. best of both worlds.

Chris

PS : I prefer using webshots to yahoo, cos webshots limits you by number of photos, not by total size. And yahoo has an irritating habit of requiring you to register to view the photos. webshots is viewable by public.

Edited by yongchris

The pics just needs compression & not merely resizing to a smaller dimensions i.e you can maintain the same size yet have a smaller file size. Will do it tonight.

Here's My Impressions

Well I must say this is one amp that is really flexible with an auto sensing device that reads your headphones' impedence. Alhough you can switch it to manual mode. I prefered the W-2002 to the L3000 with Cuban Jazz in auto sensing mode while preferring the L-3000 over the W-2000 for classical (HC feels its the other way around). Just goes to show that you really need to audition things and not just read up before buying. However, in manual mode (ie you select the impedence and I picked the low mid impedence setting) the L-3000 sounded more natural. To me it sounded closer to a speaker set up than anything so far (Barradio disagreed with this assessment ). The L3000 was a little stiffer less forgiving if you like. The W-2002 was no slouch as well but I picked the high setting on the impedence selector. The W-1000 was not far behind the W-2002 with just subtle yet noticable nuances like decay which was better than the W-1000. I hope both Barradio and HC will add to my comments.

End result all three headphones are fine sounding units and I do believe that I've now heard the W-1000 at it's best. The little bit of muddyness I found with Corda amplification was diminished.

How well will this amp work with other cans - The Senn HD-600 with Jan Meier's cables were on hand - it works quite well thank you.

No amp to amp comparisons were made and not knowing the final price - and I do hope it will be less than USD$3000 or so at Audio Cubes! - makes the value rating a little more difficult. But I do suspect that anyone who buys this amp doesn't care about value ratings anyways. It's too rich for my blood...;-)

HPC, the photos on your yahoo photos account is not in the original sizes (smaller) so I can't do much about it. If you still need help with them email the original photos to me.

Guys, so how did the shot out go?

The amps inputs are only digital(?). More details pls.

The DHA3000 is a digital only headamp and will only accept digital inputs - 1xcoax and 2xoptical with loop-out. Built in discreet DAC that upsample to 96KHz, 2 x digital EQ + bass n treble control, auto + manual impedance selection and not to mention one of the finest volume pot control I've ever seen. The top aluminium plate no less than 2mm thick and the entire chasis is very well finished in dark champagne gold color.

To quote Rameish's words:

"The amp + L3000 combo sounded very "natural", just like listening to a pair of speakers, without fatigue."

rolleyes.gif