Sign in to follow this  
red_ryder

Recommendation for friendly shop to buy CD player

Quite intimidated by the shops in Adelphi and Sim Lim, especially when one's budget isn't high ($400 or less). Any friendly shops to recommend if I wanted to buy a cd player? Can allow auditions with my cans and personal CDs?

Xaudio at bukit timah plaza, they r nice folks. laugh.gif

Drop by on weekdays if U wish to carry out auditions in the various shops at Adelphi. The retailers are far more tolerant than on weekends. In any case, there aren't many shops there that sell cdps at your budget. Perhaps U may wanna start with KEC on the ground floor.

can buy marantz 5400 at simlim around 350, try simlim 3rd floor farle pte ltd. Can try your own cd and headphones.

Please bargain....

Anyway, i feel damn intimidated by the shops in adelphi, beri klass siah

As someone who goes to Adelphi pretty often, I'm puzzled by the comments about being intimidated by Adelphi. Why do you feel intimidated? Is the shopowner unfriendly? Do they refuse auditions? The shop is dark?

In your price range try Klass (speak to Nancy - she's okay but has a longer fuse then Fabian).

Or try KEC (Clarence - i think his name is) - he's okay as well.

But since these 2 shops are the "price busters" in adelphi you'll have to manage your expectations of service level.

The trick is to tell them your budget and don't go there during lunch hour (alot of people killing time so the dealers are less then enthuistic - excep for a few like MBD who are really professional).