Sign in to follow this  
onefly9

Please recommend wireless headphone

Dear forumers,

Would appreciate you can recommend me some (read $150 - $250) wireless headphone, preferrably by radio frequency.

I am new hear and am thinking of getting one so that I can enjoy my music while doing chores/reading/suffing at home...

Thanks and much appreciated!!

wireless phones do not quite cut it in terms of sound quality over corded headphones. they are not, imo anyway, for serious listening but they are convenient for listening to music whilst working about the house or movies. they are also great if you do not want to disturb your significant other who is sleeping and youre watching the telly.

sennheiser rs45 is not bad - my wife uses one and i know its good because it doesnt bother me when she wants to stay up watching tv.

philips has some nice models - take a trip to mustaffa's - the last time i went there, they appeared to have a decent range.

the only caveat with the sennheisers is that they use a proprietary chargeable battery which doesnt last very long - which means you would need to purchase at least a spare if not spares and have one charged battery on standby. philips and some of the other brands use regular batteries - i think these may be more suitable. most of the models would fall within your budget quite comfortably.

Might I suggest the Beyerdynamic RSX 500: http://www.sgheadphones.com/index.php?showtopic=1782 the offer price might not still be in effect though.

I have tried both RSX 500/600 and despite having lowered my standards when auditioning wireless cans, I was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality of these Beyer RF wireless. It comes highly recommended for performance range, sound quality and price factor. However, these are not approved by S'pore's IDA and thus not available locally. PM me if U wish to audition or check on pricing, which I'm sure it's still within $150-250 bracket.

p.s. Beyer RSX series uses rechargeable AA size batteries ie. GP.

Edited by Mackie

IMHO you should check out the sanyo NiMH instead because I personally feel that they last longer at the same rating and most importantly, they are much lighter than GP batteries at same rating, or even nexcell for that matter.