DiGdUb

Sharp hp-md33

you think ex70/71 is delicate you will the e88 in a matter of months tongue.gif the e888 is even more bloody delicate

haha...sony's quality sucks big time... kicking.gif

The used E888 my wife is using is still going strong & she isn't exactly delicate with it's usage. Maybe it was down to good burning in by the previous owner. smoke.gif

The used E888 my wife is using is still going strong & she isn't exactly delicate with it's usage. Maybe it was down to good burning in by the previous owner. smoke.gif

Does good burn-in improve the life of the earphones?

i just received my sharp hp-md33 canalphones. these phones have better high end definition than the ex71. hi-hats and cymbals don't sound like empty tin cans grinding on sand anymore. its now clear and crisp. it also has more bass than the ex71 but is tighter. the mid-range is also more pronounced than the ex71. it also goes much louder than the ex71 at the same volume, and is only behind the shure e2c by a small notch in terms of loudness. however, it is not as transparent as the ety er6 which i have. the md33 has its imperfections though. it has this strange artificial 'over-warm' sound to it and the ex71 sounds smoother.

as for the accessories, it comes with small, medium and large sleeves, like the ex71. however, the largest sleeve of the md33 is not as large as the largest sleeve of the ex71. the md33's sleeve is slightly smaller. i'm used to the largest size sleeve of the ex71 so i put those sleeves on the md33. the sleeves fit both headphones perfectly. as for the sound isolation, the ex71 and md33 isolate fairly equal.

i do not hear any sibilance on the md33. but bear in mind that i also can't hear sibilance on the ex71, so the md33 might be sibilant to some people.

most people might ask 'if i already have the ex71 and is happy with it, should i get the md33?'. my answer would be no, since i feel that both have the same sound signature and are practically the same design.

however, if you are deciding between the ex71 and the md33, i'd say get the md33, because of its better high end definition, better mid-range(vocals), louder and tighter bass and more efficient volume. the artificial warmness needs some getting used to though.

overall, i would say that the md33 might be considered the sony ex72. there's improvement, but its still not quite there yet to compete with the likes of etys.

Just wanna check with you guys, do we have to use the supplied extension for the md33 on non 4-pole players inorder to to be able to listen from both L/R channels? Cos i just recevied my md33 today and when i connected it to my sony mzr70 I could only get sound from the left channel...Only when i used the extension chord, I was able to listen from both sides of the phones. Is that normal? blink.gif

plug all the way in??? happened to me when i first pluged in the ex70 extension cord

no man...i plug in all the way but only can get sound from one channel only...weird man... mad.gif

Just wanna check with you guys, do we have to use the supplied extension for the md33 on non 4-pole players inorder to to be able to listen from both L/R channels? Cos i just recevied my md33 today and when i connected it to my sony mzr70 I could only get sound from the left channel...Only when i used the extension chord, I was able to listen from both sides of the phones. Is that normal? blink.gif

yes. you are supposed to use the extension cord for non-4pole headphone jacks. the extension cord also acts as a 4-3 pole converter for listening with non-auvi equipment. if you use the short cord only, you will only hear sound from one side.

Just wanna check with you guys, do we have to use the supplied extension for the md33 on non      4-pole players inorder to to be able to listen from both L/R channels? Cos i just recevied my md33 today and when i connected it to my sony mzr70 I could only get sound from the left channel...Only when i used the extension chord, I was able to listen from both sides of the phones. Is that normal? blink.gif

yes. you are supposed to use the extension cord for non-4pole headphone jacks. the extension cord also acts as a 4-3 pole converter for listening with non-auvi equipment. if you use the short cord only, you will only hear sound from one side.

Thanks for explanation! phew...thought i got a defective set..but I prefer the md33 over the ex70L series as the bass is definitely less boomy... happy.gif

oh, and i did a little mod for the md33 too. this makes the sound less 'canny' and more natural.

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....&threadid=64271

wah bro...interesting...eh...but how do we get the stuff to do it?

the e2c wax guards are more for cosmetic purposes. tongue.gif i have the e2c and used the extra wax guards to cover up the hole. as for the sponge cover, you can get them for $1 at any CD or audio shop. just cut a small piece out and stuff it inside the md33's sound tube.