jtfoo

Pics of my Apheared's47

Just completed this last nite. Still have to do some major surgery to relocate the batteries holder which was badly placed. This cause diffculty in replacing the battaries.

The amp is built into a small tea chest. Very amateur, but workable. It drives the Grado125 very much better than the cmoy.

http://www.pbase.com/jtfoo/apheared47

yay! another DIY-er! now doneed to bug firefox all the time tongue.gif

and thats a really cute enclosure there haha.. laugh.gif

Excellent work jtfoo. There's something about a wooden enclosure that makes me go "aww..." biggrin.gif

I really admire ppl who can DIY. I nearly bought a soldering iron today... thought to myself "NAhhh!!! Not ready yet" I continually procrastinate it everytime I pass by the electrical doo dads section.

Trouble is, it's hard to find components. The tools are ok though. Is it easier in SPore?

Thanks guys. Actually it's isn't that hard to pick up and once started, very addictive.

Singapore has lots of places to look for component. But have to do alittle running around between SLT, SLS, People's Park, Farnell, RS and Cold Storage for the exotic enclosures.

I really like the idea when the enclosure has an easlily removable lid so that I can see the 'guts'. It's a guy thing! rolleyes.gif

Thought you guys might be interested in this ingenious DIYer on Head-Fi

http://www.richat.com/~mhamel/mouseamp/

Foo,

Nice work. Just remember to plug in your headphone before switching on you amp (try with a cheap pair first and not your 880).

N@Z,

That mouse amp now gives me a clue about where all those missing mice/mouses??? went in my former dept.

Is the plural for computer mouse, mice or mouses?