ablaze

Ety 4S/P

yeap.. scary... that's one bad thing about audio technicas... the aesthetics .. their cans can't stand to rough handling

Unlike beyerdynamic cans, like dt770 for eg, built like tanks. the cups are so solid, even if you sit on them nothing will happen.Of course don't let a 100kg guy sits on it la...lol

their wooden as well as titanium cans are just too pretty.. and hard to take care.. abit of scratches here and there will diminish the resale value already rolleyes.gif

yknow your words are borderline offensive to me, zen?

guyferd: yep. after that first incident. I never even put my headphones on a hard surface anymore. always on something soft rolleyes.gif

ablaze certainly learnt from his mistakes already.

okok sorry. guess i went overboard making fun of you.

Edited by evil-zen

hehe... someday I will post my setup and how I place my headphone.. I have designed the 'hanger' for my dt770... kekek..

I am waiting to get the cd player.. marantz cd6000 ose.. after that I need to revamp my cd player placements and the mini hifi.. darn.. the philips mini hi fi is just taking too much of my space.

need to move them..

hi,

could someone please help to explain the differences between 4S and 4P ? Thanks. wink.gif

hi wink.gif

the difference is in the cable, the 4S has 100ohm impedence, the 4P 22ohm I think.

the 4P is supposed to be easier to drive without an amp, the 4S is supposed to sound better if both are amped.

then there's one forgotten phone..the 4B which seems like it just might be the ticket to treble-heaven laugh.gif

thanks ablaza. i will try them one day, but not sure if the in-ear plugs are suitable for me......and heard that it needs quite regular cleaning. wink.gif

Evil,

What's not in yet? The Ety's or the Gilmore V2? Can't wait to let us know your 1st impressions.

good for you happy.gif

btw, sovkiller's the first one to be selling off his Gilmore v2 rolleyes.gif

What?! Already! Lots of happenings in a span of one day!

Rameish,

Both.

Do not expect much on my impression of the gilmore though. I haven't had an amp before so I probably can't tell all of you how good it is compared to other amps like corda, creek etc. maybe you will have the honour to do so after i burn it in properly.

Maybe I'll post some impression of the etys. I've got the 4S and can compare it to other headphones I've tried. I think it is worth my time since etys are not really common in out island yet. I expect to sell one of my headphones away cause I can't afford to keep so many around. I can't be joelongwood! headphone.gif