Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

It's a MAC thing

See the little icon next to the 'command' icon, what is that supposed to mean?

Picture_1.jpg

I thought the arrow pointing upwards is SHIFT. Plus I tried it & it doesn't work.

Hehe... thanks! yes.gif

This is so cool, just saw it on techtv: http://www.konfabulator.com/

The PC version: http://www.stardock.com/products/desktopx/

Have fun!

I'm glad this topic came up... Mac key commands are baffling sometimes. I never realized the funky slash thing was alt/option.

Does anyone know what the weird "x" character is in the "Empty Trash" key command? I haven't been able to figure this one out.

It's been awhile since I last used a Mac, but...

The "funky slash thing" stands for "alt/option", because the line is taking the alternate path (it's not going to the short line).

The X character could be the command/Apple key.

I can't seem to recall the command for screen capture for Macs, 'print screen' like in windows.

From OS X search in Help -

You can use the Grab application to take a picture of all or part of your computer screen. These pictures are often called "screen shots" or "screen captures."

Hope this helps wink.gif

Thanks, unfortunately 'Help' keeps crashing on me hence why I asked here instead of normally searching for it first. Quite frankly I'm regretting upgrading to Panther.

Oddly enough the screen problem I have been experiencing lately has not manifestated itself since tonight. I'll post a picture of what it looks like when it comes back. At one point I couldn't read anything at all.

Have you tried to do a clean install or OS X (Jaguar) from the set of Installation disks. However, do backup your important files first. I still think the suspect is software related, give me a ring tomorrow and I'll try help you sort it out. I have searched Apple's own Knowledge base releases and also discussion forum, there seemed to be similar cases like yours. I believe there is a fix to it too.

Lines showed up again. This is what normally happens but it can get even worse where I can't see anything underneath at all.

user posted image

Before the upgrade to Panther OS the lines were finer & only showed up when the unit has been running for a while & feels very warm. Now it shows up on a regular basis & even when cold or running multi-tasking.