tee

Bit88

U can get this at 1388.com which is owned by Joe Lee, the owner of the now defunct Hifi Corner cd/hifi shop at Adelphi.

I know a few guys who used it on their speaker systems but opinions were varied. Perhaps U may contact Joe for a trial or advice if interested.

Thanks Mackie. I was actually being offered a secondhand piece to be delivered next week. So before listening to it, i just want to do some homework and check around. And i hope also to do it with my NOS (new old set) of Sennheiser HD506 Ovation II which i think was produced some years (or decades?) back. After retrofitting doctor.gif ,i hope it will sound gorgeous.

Btw, another piece of vintage source is coming in next week. Have you tried the Leak Troughline 3 before ? wink.gif

Tee: Negative my friend. In the area of cans, I believe U have more experience than I do.

Leak Troughline 3 was produced in the early 60s in UK. It is supposed to be a tubed tuner in a class of its own. Just managed to buy one from the web, but it has humming problem with interference. I got a friend that loves to DIYs and mods to help me troubleshoot it. Hopefully, after the retrofitting hardwork, it would sound close if not better (but unlikely) than my reference tuner Audiolab 8000T.

Listening on air is free and with wide choices and convenience......esp if you don't have to change disc every 30-70 mins and it can also be a source to run-in your cans and gears overnite while you sleep.

Btw, some of you should know that analog tuners (some 2ndhand sets can be found at cash converters) are much better than those poorly made digital receivers. The soundfield is much wider when listening thru' your headphones, with details such as background whispering noise (turning of pages, switching) in DJ's studio being picked up as well. In any case, feeding good signals from external aerial anntena is always very important to get the best out of your tuners. So far SCV has been doing a good job in this wink.gif

That's a great idea using a tuner as a source for burning in gear.

And you could alternate between on-station (ie. tuned to a station) and off-station (ie. between 2 stations so that you get noise) so that the burn-in process covers full spectrum of frequencies. Of course, the use of XLO burn-in disc will provide full coverage but the burden of wear is taxed on your treasured cdp esp if you have many pairs of cans to run-in. wink.gif

Let's not go there shall we! whistling.gif

yeap N@z, btw have you come cross this Ergo headphones here :

ERGO Headphones

please let me know where i could audition them. Thanks. wink.gif

If I'm not mistaken the Ergo headphones are based on the Jecklyin Floats which are sadly no longer in production. I'll have to dig up the link for the website for these headphones.

user posted image

Thanks N@Z......it's running on eletrostatics ? wink.gif

As I recall yes. The Floats looked better as the design was more homogeneous.

I can't find the link, wouldn't you know it when you look for it it's never there but when you don't need it...

yes, just like new ideas, flashing thru' your mind when you thought it's obvious, but when you try to recraft full nitty gritty of them, some may be lost.

However, memory for good music could almost last forever.....esp when you relisten to that wonderful familiar tune again, you could feel joy in your heart ...and pictures of events linking to that tune came into full view again although it may have long passed your age.... happy.gif

I think i found a link here : Jecklin Float

Hope to get more info from the local scene.... wink.gif

I actually saved a link for the Ergo earspeakers article, which I can't find...

Hi N@Z,

Could it be this one huh.gifE R G O?

rolleyes.gifwink.gif