Sign in to follow this  
gimj

audio technica ath-cm5 / ath-cm7 ??

Hi ,

I'm new here. would really appreciate any help as there doesn't seem to be much written about them (in english at least). want to find out if anyone has experience with these earphones and how they stack up(in terms of sound, comfort etc) against the competition.

i.e. ath-cm5 vs SONY EX70SL, SONY E888, or SHARP HP-MD33?

or ath-cm7 vs SHURE e2c, ety er6 ? (the fact that they are priced higher than the e2c or is it becos of the looks?)

presently using a creative muvo2 with koss ksc-50 clip ons which are pretty decent for the price but considering a lighter option (the sound is good but the clips do hurt after a while).

thanks, tongue.gif

I like the EX70 that have good noise attenuation and details.

I don't like it is very bassy and narrow soundstage.

Don't bump to ppl when wearing these things.... tongue.gif

all got their own strengths and weaknesses, but personally i think only the cm5(price) and cm7(style), but if you want isolation save up the extra and get the er6 or better the er4. personally i never seen the shures so i cant comment

hey guys, thanks for all the comments smile.gif anyway, i bought the ath-cm5 from Challenger in funan for 78 bucks just now. Running in the phones as I type this.

Initial comments :

The buds are a little huge for my ears, have to stuff them in with more difficulty than normal earphones. Bass really is dependent on how good a seal you can get. You won't get much of it if the holes in your ears are too small though. I'm hearing more details in the music that I didn't notice before so I guess that's good. Hopefully it will continue to get better with use. biggrin.gif .

Don't think I will spend on the ath-cm7 till I hear more commments about it. For that price, I would rather buy the SHURE e2c or a GRADO SR60 / SR80 or I could also buy a Sennheiser PX200 / HD497 and a SHARP HP-MD33 and still have money to spare. heh heh ooh...the possibilities w00t.gif

www.teamdigital.net now stocks the cm7... if you decide to buy them tell them that sherwin advised you of that store

thanks a lot for the tip, though if it had come a little earlier I would have bought my ath-cm5 from them too. but what interested me was the panasonic RP-HJE50 earphone :-

http://www.teamdigital.net/store/customer/...1&cat=37&page=1

it's supposed to compete with the sony MDR-EX71SL. it's cheaper and the specs look good on paper. not sure how good in real life though. might go to their shop tomorrow to take a look. anyway thanks for the info again smile.gif

yeah. saw that and looks better then the ex71 imo, personally if you want isolation go for the ety er-4 series/ or the shures.

well i no longer check as often as i used to at any of the forums that i used to visit. i check in about 2 times a week to keep up to date

gimj: it's been a while, I'm interested to know how you got on with ATH-CM5. Has the sound improved after running-in? How does it compare with your other headphones?

Has anyone tried out the ATH-CM7(TI)??