Sign in to follow this  
LiquidFX

Panasonic SLCT810 or iRiver iMP-550

Oh, surprised that you replied so quick. laugh.gif

Oh, NJB3, that's nice. But you do not need it to play CDs? The NJB doesn't play CDs, does it? laugh.gif How much did you pay for it?

I just rip my CD into MP3 using EAC and compress using the LAME codec at alt-insane 320kbps settings. Been having some problems with copy protected CDs though sad2.gif

I got the NJB3 at 249 as a refurbished set as the new sets are all sold out at the fair.

Wow. Good price. Nice. Copy Protected CDs can be ripped using a longer process. There is a software called blindwrite by VSO. It basically makes a copy of the copy protect CD, which will not be protected and you can then rip from the copy.

I am not advocating piracy. I stress that this should be done only if you have the original CD and are using it for your own purpose ONLY. Anyway, CDs always provide better quality, by nature of the fact that the machines playing them are audiophile quality rather than most mp3 players anyway.

LiquidFX, is that price for the 40G?

No, that's the price for the 20GB.

The Creative Sale is over though, the CreativeX website still has the new Jukebox 3 (20GB) at S$299. I can't find the refurbished set for purchase online.

I got the refurbished set because according to the salesperson, the refurbished sets are either sets that retail shops return (due to poor sales) or sets that are sent back for repairs... And if my set is a returned set, its as good as new... And if its a repaired set, that's even better, because that means that some engineer has already replaced the faulty component and then TESTED it to make sure everything is working first... laugh.gif

peekarwe: Thanks for the info.. I'll try that tonight. I own several copy protected CDs that I want to rip (e.g. Lady Sings the Blues 1) into my MP3 player, and I am holding off the purchase of some other copy protected CDs (e.g. Norah Jones - Feels like home) because of ripping issues with copy protected CDs. Don't worry, I will definitely buy the CDs first.

Just checking.. does anyone know where to get the NJB3 spare battery? Thanks!

Just an update,

I couldn't find any Panny CT810 around, except at Bluetin while the iRiver 550 retails for S$250+ at Jade Gift Shop.

I ended up with NE-10 coupled with Panny HP-RJE50, which is pretty impressive!

Edited by Northern Oak

iRiver will be releasing a couple of new PCDP models which might be worth waiting for as I seriously think the iMP-550 has much room for improvement. For those who just purchased their new toys, let us know how they sound! happy.gif