Sign in to follow this  
headphone2004

ath-em5, ath-em7, Koss ksc-35, Sony ex-71, PX100?

Depends on what u listen to...would u want closed or open earphones?

out of those I've only heard ksc-35 and the px100

I prefer the ksc-35 quite a bit more, not to mention it's cheaper.

Thanks. Actually I like all kind of earphone, coz i m trying do some collection, suddenly for in love in collecting earphone wink.gif Anyway thanks for helping out. I just bought ex-71 & em5, I find out ex-71 is a very bassy type & em5 is having a clear & clean sound. I m using "The Ultimate Demonstration Disc" to test both earphone. As for me, I prefer bass sound. Do anyone know how PX-100 compare to ex-71 coz i intend to buy one. Heard that PX-100 have a very good bass

If you want bass KSC-35 belie it's size, lots of bass. Then there's the venerable Sony MDR-7506 (akaV6) & Beyer DT250 - full sized, closed headphone. If you want more only the Beyer DT150 & DT770(pro) can offer ear shaking levels. Especially the former however at the cost of recessed midrange.

The PX-100 is not bad too if u want to go for bass, but i guess its a little dark. (Not that it matters since you're a basshead!) I have the Px-200 and think they are already quite bass-y but i have heard others saying that the Px-100 has even more bass...I too have heard the EX71 being very bassy too but my guess is the Px100 has better sound as the EX71 has bass that overwhelms which isnt always a very good thing. (the Dt770 is good too but i guess u need an amp to get the best out of it ..i think) headphone.gif

How much they cost N@Z??? I read from www.head-fi.org & audiocubes.com reviews, it said Audio Technica ATH-FC7 is also quite good in bass, did anyone of u heard it b4??? Its only sell SGD 59. Besides, Sony MDR-D22SL also have a very good review.

If you mean the KSC-35. It's not readily available nowadays unless you get it directly from Koss.com or if you're lucky ebay or used. I think based on the last Powerbuy they should be around + or - SG$60. Taking into account the shipping cost from the US. Try head-fi if you don't mind used, the tend to pop up now & then.

I'm not at liberty to say here. Try PMing member/moderator Mackie he can set you up with a good price on Beyer headphones compared with the normal shops. Most people bought their Beyers from him & I got my DT150 from him too.

Have you tried looking through the Headphone Prices Locally thread in the Home Equipment Forum?

From that list El Scorcho mentioned: "Hung Bros. PX100 - $79.90 (bargainable, down to abt $75)". Not sure if it's the cheapest though.

Hi Headphone Lover, Need help again, now interested in AUDIO TECHNICA FC7, Koss Porta Pro (Review in Chip Magazine(May04)) & Sennheiser HD 212 Pro, anyone use it b4??? Which one is better & why??? I more prefer bass type wan tongue.gif Anyway Clear sound also important lah, Kiasu rite tongue.gif Money hard to earn mah. Anyway, anyone use HD437 & HD 202 as well? Just want to know more. Thanks