Firzen

Connect headphone ampifier thru headphone out..

Bought the sugden headmaster.

Can I use the headmaster to connect to headphone out on my computer speaker which has 1/8 jack thru y-shaped RCA plug?

Any problem?? Will it damage my computer speaker or headphone ampifier???

Edited by Firzen

did you even read the advice given to you in your previous thread? wacko.gif

Edited by av98m

You can but you'll only be amplifing the quality (or lack off) from your computer's headphone out.

Try setting it at the middle position (your computer's volume control that is).

If your computer has a line out that should be better.

Still the SUgden deserves a better source or at least a better soundcard. Post your question in the PC forum for soundcards that are half decent. I know nothing about sound cards btw.

SB Live is as bad as it is. and now you connect sb live-->speakers-->amp--->phones? i think you'll be better off connecting your phones directly to sb live. try it and you will be scratching your head wondering why the sugden sounds like sh*t.

yea and what's the point of asking if you already set your mind on sugden? sorry it is the evil side of me rearing up again.

hold on to your seatbeats. panic.gif

I had decided to stretch my budget over $2000+. ohmy.gif

I demanded the best amp and headphones, save me the trouble to upgrade later.

Evil-zen, I realise that the remote for the sugden is an added advantage and I like the looks too. Pure Class A ampifier too.

Bought the sugden few days ago and a Senn HD650 yesterday.

Amp and HD650 sounds nice on my Sony pcdp, maybe will upgrade source to cdp or USB D/A converter.

I just curious to check out the quality of the soundcard, which I realised makes listening fatigue. Will rely on pcdp for the moment.

Also, thanks ppl for your helpful contributions.

Edited by Firzen

ohmy.gif

in that case spend an equal or more amount on a source. cd player of course.

i realised computer sound cards are quite fatiguing and a good dac is probably the only hope to really outstanding sound.

Wow! Talk about working your way backwards. I certainly hope there was a bargain involved!

Make doubly sure you match with a proper source & cables otherwise that statement will not apply.

Concerning your reedited question above, it should work with your amp & not have any problems as long as you hook it up to the Aux line-in (or tape loop in). I don't understand about your computer speakers, are you going to hook it up to the Sugden as well?!

Evil-zen, I realise that the remote for the sugden is an added advantage and I like the looks too. Pure Class A ampifier too.

Amp and HD650 sounds nice on my Sony pcdp, maybe will upgrade source to cdp or USB D/A converter.

I just curious to check out the quality of the soundcard, which I realised makes listening fatigue. Will rely on pcdp for the moment.

Anyway there is nothing much you can do now. I owned the Sugden Headmaster before and have tried connecting it to my PC before and it sounded terrible since i amplifed all the weakness. Budget for a nice CDP, a pair of nice interconnects and maybe a replacement cable for the HD650.

Bought the sugden headmaster.

Can I use the headmaster to connect to headphone out on my computer speaker which has 1/8 jack thru y-shaped RCA plug?

Any problem?? Will it damage my computer speaker or headphone ampifier???

Oh, that's a great purchase.

yes you can.

Can't see in anyway that it will cause damages to either com spkr or the hp amp(base on my limited knowledge).

The Sugden Headmaster is not the best amp (totally debatable and subjective), IMO, far from it. You can probably find a better sounding amp for about half the amount.

If you are buying it for looks, then I agree with you, its a great looking amp.

I seriously do not know why you would need a remote for a headphone amp that will only adjust the volume unless you have a very long cable or very short arms.tongue.gif Just kidding.

I personally own the Headmaster, in fact, I liked it so much, I bought the entire Sugden Bijou series to go with it. So, I am not bashing the Headmaster in anyway.

The Soundblaster Live! is not as bad a card as its made out to be. Its just that its a really old card and there are better alternatives out there. It was actually the best soundcard at one point in time. You may however want to upgrade it to a M-Audio Revo or an E-Mu 1212, they cost about SGD200 (I could be wrong).

Whatever you do, do not connect your Headmaster to your speakers' headphone out. It will not damage anything, it just will not sound as good as it can. Try this setup:

Soundcard ---> Headmaster ---> Speakers

Of course that only works if you have a 2 channel set up. If you have a 4.1/5.1 speaker set, you can probably try a splitter (I am guessing).

You may also want to consider a new CDP, the Cambridge Azur 640C can be had for about SGD600+ and is very good for that price.

To shard

"The Sugden Headmaster is not the best amp (totally debatable and subjective), IMO, far from it. You can probably find a better sounding amp for about half the amount."

What is that ampifier that u mention that costs only half of that of sugden. I may be interested in it.

To shard

"The Sugden Headmaster is not the best amp (totally debatable and subjective), IMO, far from it. You can probably find a better sounding amp for about half the amount."

What is that ampifier that u mention that costs only half of that of sugden. I may be interested in it.

Why? You just bought the Sugden Headmaster. Anyway, who I am to tell you how to spend your money?

The GSP Solo with PSU comes to mind. I prefer it over the Headmaster when paired with a HD650/Equinox. The upgraded Solo is supposed to be even better, I have only heard the older Solo and not the upgraded one though.

There are other amps out there that you can mod or request for the builders to customize that will cost less than what a new Headmaster would cost.

May I offer you some advice? You already own the Headmaster, enjoy it, its a great amp. Enjoy the music. There will always be something better out there.

Headmaster is cheaper in sg then even in the UK (I dont know why). It's around S$1.5K

GSP Solo's current price is S$1049 thru their local distributor see: http://www.soundscapehifi.com/gsp.htm#price

Having not heard the solo I cant comment on which is better but I do know the firefox's BB amp is better than the Sugden ( but that was a made to measure custom amp).

Edited by Rameish