here are some pics of the VAL speakers

user posted image

it looks cool with the mesh covering the front

user posted image

basic controls, on/off , subwoofer level & volume level

user posted image

the 2 satalite speakers hav hifi type speaker-wire connections

user posted image

the single tube is is model no. 6N3 , i think its a hybrid setup with tube driving either the woofer or satalite and transistors driving the other. the big heatsink on top of the woofer gets quite warm

the retail price is $369, its a demo set, so anyone can audition it smile.gif

Those look beautiful.... but it does look familiar, is this the same one that was in one of the threads much much earlier?

So the big question is, what do they sound like to you tropical rips?

they sound better then the Altec Lansing speakers laugh.gif

not boomy like most PC speakers with a subwoofer

it has a switch at the back the says "0 phase" in one position & "180 phase" in another, not sure what that means unsure.gif it makes the sound change a little, may be a crossfeed circuit...the instructions are in chinese, but theres no mention of this switch at the back

I got something similar on my DAC, basically it is 'in-phase' at 0 & 'out of phase' at 180. I think it might be to help you out during speaker placement. It isn't crossfeed though.

BTW, I could have sworn you said it cost $100, is that price for the Altec Lansing?

BTW, I could have sworn you said it cost $100, is that price for the Altec Lansing?

it cost more then the Altecs happy.gif and the Altecs cost more then $100

i should be able to get a better price for SGH members sleep.gif

i hav yet to try the speakers with a good source, now running them from a CDROM, they sound good enough...better then Altecs, at least the VAL speakers doesn't disstort or crack at higher volumes

the phase is for your sub placement.... out of phase should be behind and vice-versa.

o, i know it, it is made by a compay in china called 大极典, this model is A6.

do u guys know how much is sold it in china? less than 700RMB(SGD140).... party.gifblink.gifblush.gifw00t.gif

Edited by bzy83

actually, alot of companies in china produces very good and cheap multimeadia speakers, but cannot be found in singapore...

maybe i can start a shop sell speakers from china in singapore... party.gifwub.gif

Where pray tell can i audition these babies and any idea how many RMS watts they are rated?

Edited by decibel