Sign in to follow this  
breakneck

any Beyerdynamic DT 231 user here?

i had been reading lots of good reviews abt headphone...is the any of u guys in here owns them???is it really tat good???

user posted image

Beyerdynamic DT 231

If you only knew how bad most sealed headphones are, you'd really be amazed at how Beyerdynamic consistently delivers good ones. You'd also be blown away that they managed to make a cheap pair of sealed headphones that sound as good as the DT 231. Though slightly lacking in the mids, these cans provide clear, non-flabby, non-bloated bass, as well as extended highs that lack the harshness usually found in cheap headphones. Style-wise, they're pretty ordinary: plastic throughout, with soft, fuzzy ear pads, and a cross between circumaural and supra-aural ear pads (a good compromise between comfort and seal). All-in-all, the standout in budget closed headphones.

The DT 231 use an all-plastic design with velour ear cushions slightly smaller than those of full-sized headphones. Head size adjustment is provided via a spring-loaded inner headband made of a soft, rubbery plastic. Low impedance and high efficiency make the DT 231 a good choice for portable applications. They have a straight cord that attaches to one earpiece, eliminating double cord tangling. They are terminated to a mini and include a 1/4 inch adapter.

I have not tried this particular model but had experience in the higher end Sennheiser HD600 and BeyerDynamic DT880, both costing in the $400-600 range.

I won't compare cans with speakers system but depending on your requirement and partnering ancillaries, cans can really sound good as problems from room acoustics of speakers setups are taken out of the equation.

I always strive to avoid the "headphoney" syndrome where the sound seems to congest across the middle of the head with little soundstaging or interaction between the 2 channels. Head amps with crossfeed circuitry can pare this syndrome and so does having a good pair of cans that can project better depth and soundstaging/imaging.

If U're looking at ear buds and cans for portable machines, the returns and types will be different/required from those (like myself) who are keen to strive for higher standards via a proper cdp, head amp. We can take the conversation from there once we know of your intended setup. kicking.gif

ok...wat i'm looking 4 right now is basically djing headphone(something tat my mixer can drive)...i listen mostly to dance music...i oredi have the Sennheiser HD25...juz looking 4 a second pair...now i'm juz looking 4 something tats can be use 4 mixing and have to be portable...now i'm cosidering between Sony V6 and Beyerdynamic DT 231...wat do u think?

I have no experience in your mentioned models but I will probably give Beyer the thumbs up in this area owing to their reputable presence in pro audio. Just my opinion really.

beakneck,

Have you tried Sennheiser's HD200 ? it's light and fully-closed (circumaural) with good bass response, so good for mixing and travelling purpose. Try it at Hung Bros wink.gif

beakneck,

Have you tried Sennheiser's HD200 ? it's light and fully-closed (circumaural) with good bass response, so good for mixing and travelling purpose. Try it at Hung Bros wink.gif

hey thx 4 the info Tee... headphone.gif

for mixing and portable, I heard the sony mdr-v6/7506 is great!!

I've seen them used very widely in the dj/monitoring studios.

I've never heard dt231 personally.. but reading from the reviews.. it seems quite a good beginner phone. Beyer headphones are all mostly for monitoring but also very musical.. you won't go wrong with them.

saw a review in hifi choice or what hifi for the dt231

quite good

but v6/7506 sort of in another class

dt231 around S$89 [if i didnt remember wrongly from hung bros]

its more for portable use, closed but seal is not that tight [u can try them on at hung, but at the tryout station, only can hear some classical music, also dont know what kind of source]

default velvet pads feel nice though

self adjusting headband is nice too, compared to my sr60

v6/7506 is more a dj/monitoring phones, used in lots of studios

more ex, S$200 plus the last time i saw the 7506 at sony sls [but that's overpriced]

they're bigger than the dt231, i think can fold

overall, i think v6/7506 more suitable for mixing

but u should try to listen to both b4 deciding

some web research via google would be good too, something i do whenever i want to buy/desire something