Sign in to follow this  
peekarwe

Need help for buying PCDP

The newer CDPs may no longer support true lineout. I've got the Sony D-NE10 and the lineout is shared with the headphone-out jack, so I presume that the D-NE10's lineout is actually a pseudo-lineout.

Edited by Northern Oak

The D-EJ2000 I have sounds pretty good, but it's output is rather weak (like all the rest of the new ones), but it has a separate Line/Optical socket. If you can order one off of eBay, they're usually about 120 dollars. (or maybe they're cheaper locally, whatever). I like it laugh.gif

I tried the lineout of my panasonic PCDP SL-SX400 with my grado SR80.. the volume very soft... izzt if i wanna use an am i got to use this line out??

tried the lineout of my panasonic PCDP SL-SX400 with my grado SR80.. the volume very soft... izzt if i wanna use an am i got to use this line out??

If without HP amp connected, use the phone out from the PCDP. tongue.gif

line out is for connecting it to a portable amp with a mini-mini jack. The output is usually around 0.6 volt. Some are combo jacks with optical out as well. These were meant for recording into an MD player.

I can never survive with a line out as it's way too soft, the music coming out from it is unamped. But unfortunately, with the pcdp I have now, the head out is definitely a no-no for me, therefore it's not suitable to use it for portability. I have to force it to be home-used source. I had that but no choice wink.gif