Sign in to follow this  
decibel

Stumbled upon this...

Boosteroo Amp

Anyone tried this out before? Price seems cheap for a portable headphone amp

Edited by decibel

Wow! Looks like a PCDP remote control.

40 mW is decent for a portable device this small. The Muvo NX (1 AAA batt) outputs only about 5-7 mW. Muvo2 outputs 30mW. Anyone knows the output for iPod?

Wow didnt know muvo2 output was that high....My sony netmd output only 10mW

I have heard conflicting sources regarding output from the muvo2. In the manual, it says 30mW but I remember reading somewhere it's 15mW, so I am not really 100% sure, though through the way it runs the DT431s, I think it's closer to 30mW.

I have heard conflicting sources regarding output from the muvo2. In the manual, it says 30mW but I remember reading somewhere it's 15mW, so I am not really 100% sure, though through the way it runs the DT431s, I think it's closer to 30mW.

Maybe its 30mW at 16ohm and 15mW at 32ohm or something like that?

BTW output power doesn't really say much. My iRiver 390T has an output of 12mW@16ohms and I can hardly reach a volume of 30/40 with DT431 and 15/40 for Shure e1c. Unless you max out the volume yet find it not loud enough, the power rating says nothing.

Beyer DT770 has an impedance of 250ohms. Best driven by an amp and quite a load to drive direct from portables.

IIRC the Porta Corda II had no problems driving the DT770pro 250 ohms version to loud volume levels.