tropicalrips

Digital Camera

i really like your bug shots av... i really like the way only the bugs are in focus and everything else fades out of view... i like the effect.

Actually, I really did not have a choice in the matter, shooting macro that way (zoom lens + diopter) guarantees a very shallow DOF, even with my aperture stopped down to f16. tongue.gif

Lets take this photo as an example, I really wanted everything in the frame to be in focus(of course I knew it wasn't quite possible so chose to focus just on the bee) but only the bee is(barely) in focus, the flower and ant(blur on the right hand corner) are not. I do love the nearly life size magnification.

user posted image

Edited by av98m

Catch of the day... rolleyes.gif

#1 The bench

user posted image

#2 Abandoned tire

user posted image

#3 View by the beach

user posted image

#4 As night approaches

user posted image

are you using a filter to get the stary effect on the lights firefox? looks good..

blues - i really love the beach shots... very poster like even!

cheers to both beer.gif

Thanks for the encouraging words Q00 w00t.gif

are you using a filter to get the stary effect on the lights firefox? looks good..

No special filter was used. (I was with him). As far as I know shooting with a small aperture helps to give you that stary effect. I think he was using f16 or f22, with a long exposure time. Tripod and cable release were also used.

hmm... i usually shoot at f22 for long exposures but i usually let it expose for 30 secs. how long did you expose for the pic? im gonna go jb today so im gonna see what i can shoot there. cheers!

From today's whole-day shoot ( the 8th Interschool Short Play Competition - semi final at Teochew Bldg). At this point still editing over 200 shots.. yawn.gifwacko.gif so enjoy these first tongue.gif

#1 Last minute rehearsal

user posted image

#2 Minutes before it started

user posted image

#3 The 8th Interschool SPC.. starts

user posted image

hmm... i usually shoot at f22 for long exposures but i usually let it expose for 30 secs. how long did you expose for the pic? im gonna go jb today so im gonna see what i can shoot there. cheers!

Hehehe.... Just aggaration... Like I said, I was shooting in the dark figuratively as well.. Exposure times were anywhere from 5s to 30+s. Apertures from F4 to F22.

Shots were done on Konica Minolta Centuria 200 if that helps.. av98m was shooting Fujifilm Superia 400.

Edit: The star effect is also affected by the lense.. You'd note that both av98m's and andri's pictures have the same kind of starry effect. Guess that's a Nikkor lense signature.. LOL..

I was shooting using East German optics.. Different effect..

Edited by Firefox

Some fireworks picture for tonight's labour day holiday... first time shooting ... came back quite disappointed (wrong setting on my filesize argh!!! I forgot to switch back from yesterday's drama competition - JPEG fine Small. As a result, my pic has max res of 1500x1000 only.. can't crop much) no.gif . Did anyone else go up there just now?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

edited: added pic #3

Edited by Blues

Very impressive images Blues.