Sign in to follow this  
fuild

Shure e3c

Perhaps it might be a case of me getting bored of how my E2cs sound. I recently just used my PX200s on my Muvo2 - A47 ( courtesy of tropicalrips ) setup and i was thoroughly impressed by how rich sounding it was. It could be a case of the PX200s exhibit the trademark richness of Sennheiser cans.

Maybe u did like to consider getting an amp for your PX200s?

It worked well for me. It might for you too.

(lol sounds like an advert)

......So many things to do, so little money. I'll get an e2 for the isolation it can provide and maybe a CMOY?

IMHO in-ear buds are very very forgiving to amping as well as source, perhaps due to rolled off highs (?) and their high sensitivity. Hence other cans benefit more from amping. YMMV.

One prerequisite for these in-ear buds is to be able to take stares from the public/commuters. Personally I have not really noted much of these stares, perhaps they weren't staring hard enough biggrin.gif It seems that several fellow members have had such experience. You might want to search for these posts. Perhaps on head-fi as well. Just thought you might want to know of this beforehand.

I strongly recommend you try out first and decide based on sound -- not words.

Edited by lekguan

Hrmmsies. Though the sound and isolation will be a boon, I forgot to mention that the main reason i want to change is cos my PX-200 are a little spoilt. The mechanism to hold the cups? Its loose. I was using them one day in school and the cable was under the keyboard drawer thing on the computer table. I stood up and my left driver got ripped off from the "clipping" mechanism. So, my left side is loose now, can't tighten it. It slips off sometimes, and its getting irritating nowadays.

I'll have to thank all of you here for the advice you've provided.

headphone.gif

sennheisers have 2 year warranty

email add: service.asia@sennasia.com.sg

another point to note, e2c comes with

three pairs (small, medium, large) of disposable foam sleeves and

three pairs (small, medium, large) of flex sleeves

for different size ears

foam sleeves should be more comfortable, but each can be used for only a few times b4 they get dirty, but flex sleeves should be faster to insert, plus reusable, theoretically forever

e3c comes with additional ultra-soft flex sleeves on top of the 2 types mentioned

also e2c needs filters, these are actually small round mesh-like stickers u stick over the e2c b4 putting on the sleeves

they prevent earwax from falling into the e2c, and will need to be replaced at intervals that vary, original package comes with 5 pairs of them

fit is paramount, how deep, what angle they are inserted will affect the sound, a bit similar to px200, i find them not enclosing my ears, so sometimes they move around, i know they are not designed for that, just tot that would lead to better isolation

after some time, u should be able to take off one side to answer a handphone call & put it back in quick succession, set ur handphone to vibrate, keep note of where u are going, ezlink beeps, mrt door closing beeps, next mrt station announcements, all these will not be heard clearly

u will find urself listening to @ same sound level w/o pushing the vol of ur source that high [10 compared to 16 on my njb3]

e2c has only one way of wearing, the cable loops around the ear, but u can have the cable run down the front, which is more practical during commuting, e3c allows u to wear it around the ear or like normal earbuds

as to stares on mrt / bus, i didn't get any, or rather, i was so isolated from the outside world that i just close my eyes and enjoy my trance / rock music...smile.gif

best to test first

Guys can give other comparasion between the Shure E2c and PX200 and EX71.. interm of audio quality?? waiting to lay my hand on the E2 after my EX71 die.. laugh.gif

Hi nakedtoes,

Just want to share my 'little' experience with PX200, EX71, & ATH-EW9.

Firts, let me describe my taste. I like recordings with good sound stage and rich in details, mainly vocal, jazz, and classical. So I'm not the rock or heavy metal fans. I like to hear the very subtle details like the singer breath, the squicking sound of guitar, and other ambience sounds.

My impression of those headphones (I tried with various sources, such as PCDPs & iPod):

PX200, not bad for the price. The bass is a little shy, and the mid and high are less open than my ATH-EW9. Good design.

EX71, big bass when properly pluged, the high is too harsh for me. Sorry to say that the mid and high sounds cheap (compare to my old MDR-E888).

ATH-EW9, so far the best headphone I've ever heard for the price range. Often beat big headphones that twice more expensive. So if your budget is around SGD 200.- and don't mind with clip ons (it is very comfortable, more comfortable than earbuds), I recommend this wodden can. It sounds very natural, good bass, and has a very lively sound with good sound stage.

So far all Senn's that I tried didn't suit my taste (PX200, HD650). They sounded flat and not as lively as AT. It also depend on the source, headamp, etc. But I tried them with good headamp and decent source.

That's my 'little' experience, please don't take it too seriously, everybody has different taste. headphone.gif

Edited by bpribadi

Hi nakedtoes,

Just want to share my 'little' experience with PX200, EX71, & ATH-EW9.

Firts, let me describe my taste. I like recordings with good sound stage and rich in details, mainly vocal, jazz, and classical. So I'm not the rock or heavy metal fans. I like to hear the very subtle details like the singer breath, the squicking sound of guitar, and other ambience sounds.

My impression of those headphones (I tried with various sources, such as PCDPs & iPod):

PX200, not bad for the price. The bass is a little shy, and the mid and high are less open than my ATH-EW9. Good design.

EX71, big bass when properly pluged, the high is too harsh for me. Sorry to say that the mid and high sounds cheap (compare to my old MDR-E888).

ATH-EW9, so far the best headphone I've ever heard for the price range. Often beat big headphones that twice more expensive. So if your budget is around SGD 200.- and don't mind with clip ons (it is very comfortable, more comfortable than earbuds), I recommend this wodden can. It sounds very natural, good bass, and has a very lively sound with good sound stage.

So far all Senn's that I tried didn't suit my taste (PX200, HD650). They sounded flat and not as lively as AT. It also depend on the source, headamp, etc. But I tried them with good headamp and decent source.

That's my 'little' experience, please don't take it too seriously, everybody has different taste. headphone.gif

The wooden one cost only $200?? i might give them a try.. but does the clip on works... it doesn't have the strength like a normal over the head cans thus isolation quite be a problem? unsure.gif

In fact my 21 months son likes it also lol.gif So he has "abused" the headphone... you know, pull the cable, etc. And I found no problem so far with the construction. The clip on is flexible, not easy to spoil it. The worst, it will bend, but you can bend it back. Not like plastic, once broke, difficult to repair.

To me the construction is quite good and durable. headphone.gif