Sign in to follow this  
decibel

Recommend portable Cans

Thanks N@Z!

Guess the 7506s are way off my budget at $195. What are the differences between them and the V6 might i ask? Praying now that the V6s are within my budget sad2.gif

lekguan: I'll be using them with a combination of both kinds of MP3s, before i keep any downloaded ones though i listen to them on my pc's megaworks speakers. If they sound bad then they'll never make it to mp3 player. Other than that im not too fussy about the quality

Thanks for all the info so far guys, keep them coming!

smile.gif

i think the DT 231 Galactic is not single sided cord right?

correct me if i'm wrong smile.gif

7506 is supposedly the 'pro' version but sum people in head-fi kindly did a comparison between the two and could not find much (if any) difference except that the pin connector on the v6 is 'silver colour' and the 7506 is 'gold colour'. V6 would be much cheaper if u can find any.

Hm...have a qns. Do the V6s display the same kind of sound as the 7506s? Are they very portable and do they actually look very big on an average sized head? hehehe....

BTW, how much are the V6s?

They use the same drivers, if thats what yer asking. No difference except the connectors. I guess it will look abit big on the average head. Im used to walking around with them so their size doesnt bother me, plus im a big guy so they look kinda normal i guess?

lol im shaven so prob i dont care about people looking at my head too hahaha

Whoa! The Sonys would look cool on you then!

very....my friend who is also shaven tried it on as well...almost made me wanna shave mine tongue.gif

OT: I can tell you, I had my hair shaven last year & you can literally wear any type of headphones. But grados tend to feel a little uncomfortable due to the headband's lack of real padding even on the Reference Series.

OT: for me, the Grados are ok on my head ( Maybe im used to it now ), hm. Any idea where i can get the V6s and how much? thx

Ok went down to hung bros today to audition the px100/200 and dt 231 but ended up buying a pair of cans i've never seen/heard off before laugh.gif

Recommended by the guy with the moustache, they're called the Wecan HP-F368. Was looking for closed, portable and folded headphones and they fit the bill nicely. Seems its a Japanese brand thats been selling well, retail on them was $79, got mine for $70 though. It was a tough choice between these and the dt 231s but in the end i chose the Wecans cuz they dont look as huge on my small head as the beyers did, and more like portable headphones than hi-fi ones, being silver/black and not the IMO slightly weird-looking blue on the 231 galactics. Also although the beyer was comfortable to wear, bass response wise they just didn't match up to the Wecans whose specs state frequency response at 5-28kHz haha. Only gripe with them so far is their rather plasticky build quality.

Included in the package is also a 2.5m extension cord and adaptor. Just info for anyone who might wanna check them out. Great bass cans headphone.gif

Mod edit: Any profanity albeit disguised and expressed in a friendly manner to assert a certain point is discouraged, unnecessary and thus deleted. Thanks for your understanding.

Edited by Mackie

Also although the beyer was comfortable to wear, bass response wise they just didn't match up to the Wecans whose specs state frequency response at 5-28kHz haha

Congrats on your new purchase. Unless U belong to an undiscovered and developed human species that can hear beyond the usual 20-20KHz, the spec should not mean anything and surely does not qualify to be used as a barometer for superior performance. Note that most sources ie, pcdp and cdp (but not SACDp) only operates within 20-20KHz range. However, U did well by not letting public opinions or favouritism to influence your decision in making a just upgrade. yes.gif

Haha yep Mackie I'm aware of that hence the laugh after that statement hehe.. Anyway heres a couple of pics for those who are interested in what they look like. They're not audiophile cans by a longshot, but if you're on a budget for bass cans you might want to have a listen. Hung bros have a demo pair smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by decibel