Rameish

Dutch-German Beauty Exposed

Here's a nude pic of the Porta Corda. The volume pot is made by Alps, two single LM6171 op-amps(no dual op-amps for this black beauty - eliminates thermal crosstalk), lots of caps - the red ones are Wima (German of course). Did I mention the copper on the circuit board is 70 uM thick!

Size.JPG

Edited by Rameish

That got me excited! Excellent an alps pot on a porta corda! Even the battery is a Varta! Is this the current PC II configuration?

N@Z,

Yes. I recommend Varta Rechargeable Battery as it's 9 volt. The GP version is 8.4 v while Eveready is only 7.2 volts- all nominal. I shouldn't say this but diy guys can easily upgrade the caps to Cerafine or Silimic NOS stuff. Of course you'll void the 2-year warrenty. The above pic shows how simple it is to switch the amp to Class A config. Battery duration is then halved to abt 50 hours. On regular AB op its 100 hours from an alkaline. Rechargables last for less but can be recharged as so help conserve the environment and pocket :-). Got your email btw, you'll receive a positive answer soon.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have GP rechareables as the only other ones sold here are Eveready. I assume the Vartas have & must use their own charger? I don't recommend the GPs especially the 9v (as I haven't used the AA on mine) tthey take too long to charge (4hrs) and only last about +2 hours on my Meta.

How do you change it to class A operation?

N@Z,

You see the red dip switch box with the little white switches next to the battery compartment? Just flip one of them - have to look at the manual. Also you can switch the led off with another switch (there are 4 switches).

Any idea how I can add more pictures? I have one with all the supplied accessories like the mini-to mini, 120 ohm iimpedencer, belt clip etc.

Ahh, that easy eh?

You can do so by either attaching single photos with your other posts, using the ADD REPLY button OR if it is located on the web, hyperlink them from the source by copying the photo's URL (right click the photo->properties) then using this forum's [/img] tags inbetween the URL you copied & pasted.

Your welcome.

BTW, I didn't get your email, is that with or w/out shipping?

Ablaze,

Ya sorry for the large pix the 1st time around. Didn't know it would be sooo big. Then I couldn't figure out how to redo it until N@Z showed me how. That's kitten is adorable btw.

And oh, the camera is a friend's. Maybe I'll take some Grado pix. How do you like the one with the Kent box. LOL.

my "kitten" is actually a year old and should be adult age by now..but the things he does..biggrin.gif

yeah, the one with the Kent box is nice. take more pics, whilst you have the camera! maybe one of the beeaaautiful HP-1s yes.gif

Rameish I'm still thinking whether I should pull the trigger or not...

Yes the resized pics look great. Somehow the PCII looks alot better without the casing!

N@Z,

Yeah I get that impression as well. Will ask Jan if he could supply a clear case. However, I do know Jan likes black. I tried to tell him to go silver (brushed aluminum like in a Zippo lighter on his HA-1,2 and PreHead.