FookLai

Headroom Total AirHead

To cut it short, I got two source in my system. One is my PC which is using M Audio Audiophile 2496 and another one is Rega Planet 2k cd player. Both connected to my Lexicon pre amp(processor) and Bryston power amp. I am so sad because all of them using left and right RCA connection and none of them accept my headphone jack or 3.5mm stereo jack.

Back to the question, how to connect my Grado and Koss headphone in my setup? Anyone can help?

Fook Lai

Edited by FookLai

DIY, or get one of the shop owners to do it for you, a cable with a female headphone jack on one end, and 2 male-RCAs on the other, or you might be able to find a few adapters to mix-and-match to get the same final result smile.gif

with such a high end system, it would be more appropriate to get a higher end amp or headphones? a bit wasted with your rega cd player.

Unless FookLai doesn't want to jump straight into it, it might be a good idea not to buy something expensive yet. Frankly speaking if the TAH is really cheap go for it (compare prices here). It might be a good partner for the SR60 (It was with my SR80) not so sure for your other headphone. If however you feel you can & want to spend more to compliment your Rega then by all means.

Here's a picture of the RCA to mini connected to the Porta Corda Mk II.

You can make one yourself or buy one "off the shelf" Monster Cable make one and it's available from Tat Chuan at Adelphi.

RCA_Mini.JPG

with such a high end system, it would be more appropriate to get a higher end amp or headphones? a bit wasted with your rega cd player.

No lah.... it just a normal system... Not that high end you think.

Fook Lai

Hi FookLai

i think the Porta Corda MKII shld cost ard $350 if i'm not wrong

Hi Rameish,

I am looking for a pre-owned PC Mk II. Any chance ? wink.gif

Tee,

I don't think there's any chance of a PC Mk II esp in Singapore. However, since you've bought two amps and the RS-2 from me I'll give you a special price on a new unit if you like. Contact me.

Thanks for your kind offer Rameish. As i would use the PCII more for link-up to hotel's dvd player during biz trips, the need is not that pressing. Hence i could wait for the time when some of your existing users start to upgrade. In that way, i could enjoy a run-in sound as well. wink.gif

Ramish - Just wondering, as I have gone throught the entire 2 pages of this thread; I think Fook Lai wants to know about WHAT the rest of us think about the Total AirHead. N@Z and El Scorcho both share their views of the amp.

El Scorcho mentioned that "could be because he used mainly Grados - and to HIS ears it sounded slightly better than the Porta Corda", you started a long thesis of specifications of Porta Corda and worse of all, you ended with a "I do apologise for this ramble El, but you did mention the Porta Corda (although it was the version 1) so I have no choice but to explain why the Porta Corda (either version) is superior."

Who says that the Porta Corda is of inferior quality? I believe as a "professional" of headphones like yourself, you know that everyone have different taste in listening. "One man's floor is another man's ceiling". And El did mentioned that "to HIS ears" the Total Air Head sounded slightly better with "Grados" that's all. He did not mentioned that Total Air Head will sound better with every kind of headphones, did he?

"Porta Corda (either version) is superior" - Are you claiming that the Porta Cordas are superior in sound with ALL headphones in the market today??? If yes, wow!! I just felt that my face had just being touch by GOD!!!

Then you started putting pictures (I believe copy and paste from www.headphone.com) of the Total AirHead and Porta Corda and went on and on with the design and specs comparism. Do you have to do that? I mean, if anyone would want some reading materials, wouldn't they know where to get it? since they can find this forum, they will be able to get infos from the net. Not as if those things you had written came from you, those infos are from the Headroom and Meier-audio, you just rephased it that's all.

You may get sue for that you know?

Reading on, I came to point that you offer to sell Tee some PC MKII amp, questions:

1. This thread is posted in regards to gathering of comment for Total Air Head, I believe (I mean correct me is I am wrong), are you out of line here? Can't you go somewhere else to talk about your sales?

2. I know you are a dealer ( Porta Corda, Grados, whatever...), does it mean that whenever some newbies like myself started a thread, you have to blow trumpet about your products and start offering "good prices"?

Kindly reflect on these issues and if I am you, I will not reply and let poor Fook Lai have a chance to get more info he needs. This thread is way out of line.... cool.gif

guys..guys..lets keep it happy in here ok. don't quarrel please? yeah.gif I believe Rameish's just enthusiastic about the Corda line, and with his newly-borrowed digicam, he probably just went a lil trigger-happy with posting pics biggrin.gif (you can see pics posted in a few other threads as well) and well..regarding threads going out of point. if you look at all the other threads..I don't think you'll find many where the topic stays on track. such is the nature of the forum rolleyes.gif

edit: not taking sides here, just want everyone to stay peace-loving console.gif

Let's keep this forum free of gunpowder. Extremeplace and Echoloft have been hit by sporadic battles lately and I hope more tolerance can be shown to one another in here. In which case, Caveman, your point is well noted.