Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Gameboy

Good point.

WHOA! Lookit the size of the PSP's TFT screen!

http://redhotgamers.com/catalog/product_in...products_id=520

It appears to have similar overall dimensions to the GBA. Expensive though at $430 for the Japanese version coming in dec. The official US version will be $340 released in Feb 2005. What do you portable gaming gurus think of it compared with the DS?

If you like playstation games then this is the portable for you... true widescreen 16:9 ratio resolution is nuthing to laugh at. Im not quite sure about the early availability of games but im sure that it will pick up.

laugh.gif ya i should be picking this upz next year ... heard the they are intending to release some of the nice final fanstay VII expansion games in PSP ... so no choice but to get one, this set has pretty good fuctions which it also acts as a MP3 player and also plays video files ... but long long does the battery last is a problem !!

the screen is nothing compare to the new intendo portable !! .... dual screen !@ rolleyes.gif

O.o ya ... some great news in japan is that they had intended to release some of the nice games in the japan supported handphones... so .........

what japan are so high tech in the gaming world !! sleep.gif

consider us ...... so laid back lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

One large TFT backlit screen is the way to go man! Dual screen will just make you go cross eyed, one eyeball on one screen & one for the other! wacko.gif

I wanna get the nds, they're releasing it a few weeks after hari raya, just perfect!! Anyways the nds is cheaper, has more games I'm looking forward to. Plus it's backward compatible with gba games. For the nds, one screen is for sub menus and all that or maps, the other is for the game itself. and it's also a touch screen.

Do not get the psp when they just release it, sony products have been notorious for being buggy for launch sets, just like the ps2. Plus as it is, there's even plans to upgrade the psp down the road. The batt life is really short in my opinion. 3-6 hours if i'm not mistaken. Perhaps if I decide to get the nds that early on, I'll bring it along to the meet?

Do not get the psp when they just release it, sony products have been notorious for being buggy for launch sets, just like the ps2. Plus as it is, there's even plans to upgrade the psp down the road. The batt life is really short in my opinion. 3-6 hours if i'm not mistaken. Perhaps if I decide to get the nds that early on, I'll bring it along to the meet?

Hmm .. ya you are correct but in Japan first batch items have better hardware so i rather pay for the hardware first as for the software i update from time to time .. as SONY had mention that the PSP can download its software into the PSP ..

TO say i more of a Sony fan ... not to mention they had most of the nice games release in their set, but square enix most FF games are still release by sony

like the next FF7 game "before crisis" ( not too sure did i get the name right" is going to be release on the PSP in year 2006

WOo i can't wait for it release but it still long from now yawn.gif

O.o ya anther FF7 expansion game is release on a handphone !

heheEE .... lol.giflol.gif

Hmm .. ya you are correct but in Japan first batch items have better hardware so i rather pay for the hardware first as for the software i update from time to time .. as SONY had mention that the PSP can download its software into the PSP ..

TO say i more of a Sony fan ... not to mention they had most of the nice games release in their set, but square enix most FF games are still release by sony

like the next FF7 game "before crisis" ( not too sure did i get the name right" is going to be release on the PSP in year 2006

WOo i can't wait for it release but it still long from now yawn.gif

O.o ya anther FF7 expansion game is release on a handphone !

heheEE .... lol.giflol.gif

Nope, first batch of psp will be like the test batch. There will be hardware updates. You should just get the psp when ff is out. But i think the ff for the hp and the ff for the psp is different. Keke, can't wait for nds. Release date is 28 novemver locally if i'm not mistaken.

Nope, first batch of psp will be like the test batch. There will be hardware updates. You should just get the psp when ff is out. But i think the ff for the hp and the ff for the psp is different. Keke, can't wait for nds. Release date is 28 novemver locally if i'm not mistaken.

well you and i have different views on the items that is release in Japan, To me .. the first batch item are limited and it the best from the other batches, even other people who had the same thinking like me ... but no doubt the software got alots of buggs .... which cannot be help as they are not Good in software making ... which only improve along the way

the example is the first set of PS2 ... even the newer and PS2 are proof better than the old one but the very first ver PS2 support the mutli region DVDs playsbacks and the hardware are said to be better too.

and for the FF game in handphones i made no mistake .. is so call the expansiion of the FF7 but whose is the mian lead and the game play i dunno as there are no details yet release but the name is release but i cannot remember what izzit called

anyway once you get yours NDs do tell us how izzit as i no interest in Intendo games .... so not buying no.gif