arj

SGH member participitation comments/issue

Beside that, we can list the users impression of their headphones. We already have the list of the headphone prices, why not a list of how they sound? I know it is gonna be subjective, depend on personal taste, but it is good to see our members share their impression with their headphone, and make it as a list... the list would be good for everybody looking for headphones

Well, feel free to write your reviews. We already have a sticky section to accomodate these contributions, if U haven't noticed.

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=191

Post it in 'Home Equipment' section and the mods will stick it up if we find the review useful for future reference. We have to be selective, otherwise, the sticky section would end up with tens of reviews on a single popular make. Not only do we feature headphones, reviews of any and all part of the sound system is regarded as valuable information. Give this section a perusal for a feel of our direction. Cheers.

Edited by Mackie

i just browsed through the SGH member list and this is what i found on the posting count:-

1. There are now 1112 members.

2. There are 630 members who do not post at all.

3. There are 285 members who have posted 1 up to 9 posts.

4. There are 74 members who have posted 10 up to 20 posts.

5. There are 40 members who have posted 21 up to 50 posts.

6. There are 18 members who have posted 51 up to 100 posts.

7 There are 31 members who have posted between 101 up to 200 posts.

8 There are 34 member who have posted more than 200 posts.

From the above statistic, we all can see that only about 17% (197) member who are active by the count of post of 10 and above posts. This is rather low participitation, i would say.

I had come across some other thread expressing simillar concern about member participation and some action being mentioned.

My question is, what is the issue on why such a low member participitation and what can be done about it?

p.s: i have noted that there is a member goes by the name arjn. please do not be mistaken by the name simillarity.

At least I'm in the top 3.06%! biggrin.gifholiday.gifparty.gifjump.gif

Hey cmk long time no see. What have you been up to? Any new toys?

New toys are spks, and some other tweaks to the supports.

I got the Canare cable from Mackie so that I can watch movies on the big screen at night w/o disturbing my kids.

That's about it.

I suppose when you reach a certain point, you just got to pick up more software and enjoy the music.

Recently its classical LPs, unfortunately they are scarse in SG, more abundant supply overseas.

Personally, I actually kinda forgot about this forum until somebody brought it up on Head-Fi today. I jumped on the bandwagon here when somebody first mentioned it last year and I was like...cool...another headphone site... Anyway, umm...I guess I'll come by more since I remember it now...although I'm kinda not as active as before anyway on head-fi and the such.

Anyway, rock on guys party.gif

I've gotten loads of cd players and md players now...and I'm trying to sell them...lol tongue.gif

Edited by D-EJ915

... Anyway, umm...I guess I'll come by more since I remember it now...although I'm kinda not as active as before anyway on head-fi and the such.

It is good to hear this. Just that you will not be forgetting SGH again, bookmark SGH in your favorite.